Mar 22, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
Unable to crack the Blues’ roster on a consistent basis, Matt D’Agostini will see what he can do in New Jersey, as the 26-year-old forward has been traded to the Devils, along with a conditional seventh-round draft pick in 2015, for a conditional fourth- or fifth-round draft pick in 2015
The trade was first reported by Andy Strickland of True Hockey.
D’Agostini has one goal and one assist in 16 games this season. He scored a career-high 21 times in 2010-11, but his production fell off in 2011-12 — a season that saw him suffer a serious concussion in February. He ended up with just nine goals and nine assists in 55 games.
D’Agostini is a pending restricted free agent, and the budget-conscious Blues already have a bunch of those on their plate. Defensemen Alex Pietrangelo and Kevin Shattenkirk, plus forwards Chris Stewart and Patrik Berglund, would have taken priority over D’Agostini.
If Devils qualify or re-sign D’Agostini, Blues get 4th rd pick and keep 7th. If NJ don’t qualify/re-sign, they get 7th, Blues get 5th.
— Tom Gulitti (@TGfireandice) March 22, 2013
- Kings stave off elimination, force Game 5 against Sharks 3
- Wild hold off late Avalanche push to even series at 2-2 45
- Bruins scratch out OT win, push Red Wings to brink 26
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at L.A. Kings 0
- WATCH LIVE: Colorado Avalanche at Minnesota Wild (Game 4) 5
- Monster of a surprise: Red Wings start Gustavsson over Howard 5
- WATCH LIVE: Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings (Game 4) 2
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 64
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 99
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 11
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Wild’s Cooke offered in-person hearing for knee-on-knee collision with Barrie (111)