Mar 22, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
Unable to crack the Blues’ roster on a consistent basis, Matt D’Agostini will see what he can do in New Jersey, as the 26-year-old forward has been traded to the Devils, along with a conditional seventh-round draft pick in 2015, for a conditional fourth- or fifth-round draft pick in 2015
The trade was first reported by Andy Strickland of True Hockey.
D’Agostini has one goal and one assist in 16 games this season. He scored a career-high 21 times in 2010-11, but his production fell off in 2011-12 — a season that saw him suffer a serious concussion in February. He ended up with just nine goals and nine assists in 55 games.
D’Agostini is a pending restricted free agent, and the budget-conscious Blues already have a bunch of those on their plate. Defensemen Alex Pietrangelo and Kevin Shattenkirk, plus forwards Chris Stewart and Patrik Berglund, would have taken priority over D’Agostini.
If Devils qualify or re-sign D’Agostini, Blues get 4th rd pick and keep 7th. If NJ don’t qualify/re-sign, they get 7th, Blues get 5th.
— Tom Gulitti (@TGfireandice) March 22, 2013
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 1
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 35
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 19
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 33
- Don Cherry: Canucks GM Gillis threw coaches ‘under the bus’ 26
- Playoffs Tonight: Bruins know series vs Rangers isn’t over 19
- Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series 20
- Discuss: Penguins overwhelm Senators to take Game 4 75
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting 107
- Gillis: Vigneault fired because results weren’t there 21
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (107)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (100)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement