Mar 22, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
Unable to crack the Blues’ roster on a consistent basis, Matt D’Agostini will see what he can do in New Jersey, as the 26-year-old forward has been traded to the Devils, along with a conditional seventh-round draft pick in 2015, for a conditional fourth- or fifth-round draft pick in 2015
The trade was first reported by Andy Strickland of True Hockey.
D’Agostini has one goal and one assist in 16 games this season. He scored a career-high 21 times in 2010-11, but his production fell off in 2011-12 — a season that saw him suffer a serious concussion in February. He ended up with just nine goals and nine assists in 55 games.
D’Agostini is a pending restricted free agent, and the budget-conscious Blues already have a bunch of those on their plate. Defensemen Alex Pietrangelo and Kevin Shattenkirk, plus forwards Chris Stewart and Patrik Berglund, would have taken priority over D’Agostini.
If Devils qualify or re-sign D’Agostini, Blues get 4th rd pick and keep 7th. If NJ don’t qualify/re-sign, they get 7th, Blues get 5th.
— Tom Gulitti (@TGfireandice) March 22, 2013
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 0
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 32
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)