Mar 22, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
Unable to crack the Blues’ roster on a consistent basis, Matt D’Agostini will see what he can do in New Jersey, as the 26-year-old forward has been traded to the Devils, along with a conditional seventh-round draft pick in 2015, for a conditional fourth- or fifth-round draft pick in 2015
The trade was first reported by Andy Strickland of True Hockey.
D’Agostini has one goal and one assist in 16 games this season. He scored a career-high 21 times in 2010-11, but his production fell off in 2011-12 — a season that saw him suffer a serious concussion in February. He ended up with just nine goals and nine assists in 55 games.
D’Agostini is a pending restricted free agent, and the budget-conscious Blues already have a bunch of those on their plate. Defensemen Alex Pietrangelo and Kevin Shattenkirk, plus forwards Chris Stewart and Patrik Berglund, would have taken priority over D’Agostini.
If Devils qualify or re-sign D’Agostini, Blues get 4th rd pick and keep 7th. If NJ don’t qualify/re-sign, they get 7th, Blues get 5th.
— Tom Gulitti (@TGfireandice) March 22, 2013
- After prepping for three years, Franson excited to test free agency 0
- Sabres’ Kane (shoulder) ‘ahead of schedule’ with recovery 7
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 31
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 16
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 76
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 58
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (58)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)