Mar 22, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
Unable to crack the Blues’ roster on a consistent basis, Matt D’Agostini will see what he can do in New Jersey, as the 26-year-old forward has been traded to the Devils, along with a conditional seventh-round draft pick in 2015, for a conditional fourth- or fifth-round draft pick in 2015
The trade was first reported by Andy Strickland of True Hockey.
D’Agostini has one goal and one assist in 16 games this season. He scored a career-high 21 times in 2010-11, but his production fell off in 2011-12 — a season that saw him suffer a serious concussion in February. He ended up with just nine goals and nine assists in 55 games.
D’Agostini is a pending restricted free agent, and the budget-conscious Blues already have a bunch of those on their plate. Defensemen Alex Pietrangelo and Kevin Shattenkirk, plus forwards Chris Stewart and Patrik Berglund, would have taken priority over D’Agostini.
If Devils qualify or re-sign D’Agostini, Blues get 4th rd pick and keep 7th. If NJ don’t qualify/re-sign, they get 7th, Blues get 5th.
— Tom Gulitti (@TGfireandice) March 22, 2013
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)