Mar 22, 2013, 2:16 PM EST
Turns out he’ll only end up missing one game, last night’s 5-4 shootout victory over the Leafs.
The Sabres’ leading scorer said today that, barring a setback, he expects to be back in the lineup Saturday in Montreal.
“I got hit on the bone, and it just kind of froze me for two days,” Vanek said, per the Buffalo News. “I couldn’t move, couldn’t do anything. Late last night it felt a little better, and this morning I woke up and had most of my motion back. I felt pretty good skating.”
Vanek will return to a team that’s still in tough to make the playoffs, but also one that’s put together a modest two-game winning streak.
The Sabres are four points out of a playoff spot with 17 games left to close the gap.
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 0
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 19
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 6
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 13
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 85
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 31
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (85)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)