Mar 22, 2013, 2:16 PM EST
Turns out he’ll only end up missing one game, last night’s 5-4 shootout victory over the Leafs.
The Sabres’ leading scorer said today that, barring a setback, he expects to be back in the lineup Saturday in Montreal.
“I got hit on the bone, and it just kind of froze me for two days,” Vanek said, per the Buffalo News. “I couldn’t move, couldn’t do anything. Late last night it felt a little better, and this morning I woke up and had most of my motion back. I felt pretty good skating.”
Vanek will return to a team that’s still in tough to make the playoffs, but also one that’s put together a modest two-game winning streak.
The Sabres are four points out of a playoff spot with 17 games left to close the gap.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 3
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 12
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 22
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 22
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)