Mar 22, 2013, 2:16 PM EDT
Turns out he’ll only end up missing one game, last night’s 5-4 shootout victory over the Leafs.
The Sabres’ leading scorer said today that, barring a setback, he expects to be back in the lineup Saturday in Montreal.
“I got hit on the bone, and it just kind of froze me for two days,” Vanek said, per the Buffalo News. “I couldn’t move, couldn’t do anything. Late last night it felt a little better, and this morning I woke up and had most of my motion back. I felt pretty good skating.”
Vanek will return to a team that’s still in tough to make the playoffs, but also one that’s put together a modest two-game winning streak.
The Sabres are four points out of a playoff spot with 17 games left to close the gap.
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 57
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 21
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 23
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming