Mar 22, 2013, 2:16 PM EDT
Turns out he’ll only end up missing one game, last night’s 5-4 shootout victory over the Leafs.
The Sabres’ leading scorer said today that, barring a setback, he expects to be back in the lineup Saturday in Montreal.
“I got hit on the bone, and it just kind of froze me for two days,” Vanek said, per the Buffalo News. “I couldn’t move, couldn’t do anything. Late last night it felt a little better, and this morning I woke up and had most of my motion back. I felt pretty good skating.”
Vanek will return to a team that’s still in tough to make the playoffs, but also one that’s put together a modest two-game winning streak.
The Sabres are four points out of a playoff spot with 17 games left to close the gap.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)