Mar 22, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
Last week, Buffalo Sabres GM Darcy Regier said that he wasn’t in “a blow-it-up mindset” as the April 3 trade deadline gets closer. At the same time, he clarified to NHL.com that he’s willing to consider just about any trade that might benefit his team.
All of those players are scheduled to become unrestricted free agents in the summer of 2014.
“I don’t think it’s a case of making players available or not available; it’s that you’re trying to improve the club and the focus goes beyond this season,” Regier said. “It’s that simple, so you have to be open to anything that’s going to do that.”
Buffalo has won two straight games and clearly at least some of their players are still talking publicly about fighting for a playoff spot.
If they stay strong over these next two weeks then that will likely have an impact on what Regier does. However, if a buyer wants to make a major trade on a player that will be more than just a rental, it sounds like Regier will at least hear them out.
Aug 4, 2015, 10:08 AM EDT
Mike Babcock’s act is a tough one to follow.
Aug 4, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
The book has closed on the Mike Babcock era.
Aug 4, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Tuesday’s collection of links.
Aug 3, 2015, 11:00 PM EDT
The squads will feature players that were part of either organization from 1996-2002
Aug 3, 2015, 9:45 PM EDT
He’ll be fighting to be seen as the team’s third-string goaltender.
Aug 3, 2015, 8:15 PM EDT
He’s already improved the perception of the franchise, but will he have that kind of impact long-term?
Aug 3, 2015, 6:45 PM EDT
He’ll have a tough time maintaining a top-six role though.
Aug 3, 2015, 5:15 PM EDT
Despite all the splashy moves, patience likely will be needed.
Aug 3, 2015, 3:46 PM EDT
It’s another arbitration win for Ottawa.
Aug 3, 2015, 3:15 PM EDT
Pondering a rebuilding process that took a leap.
Aug 3, 2015, 2:07 PM EDT
Perhaps you can broaden this to “keeping the puck out of their net.”
Aug 3, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
The league estimates such a process could cost about $13.5 million.
Aug 3, 2015, 11:57 AM EDT
In all likelihood Jack Eichel is going to make the team, but what about Buffalo’s other second overall pick?
Aug 3, 2015, 10:42 AM EDT
This is his chance to prove he’s a real No. 1 goalie.
Aug 3, 2015, 10:17 AM EDT
Ron DeGregorio rounded out the group.
Aug 3, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
The worst should be behind them.
Aug 3, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Monday’s collection of links.
Aug 2, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT
Is his poor Game 7 record reflective of anything?
Aug 2, 2015, 7:30 PM EDT
In other words, how much longer will Corey Perry, Ryan Getzlaf, and Ryan Kesler stay at the top of their game?
Aug 2, 2015, 6:00 PM EDT
His newly signed two-year deal is an opportunity for
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 4
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 26
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)