Mar 22, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
Last week, Buffalo Sabres GM Darcy Regier said that he wasn’t in “a blow-it-up mindset” as the April 3 trade deadline gets closer. At the same time, he clarified to NHL.com that he’s willing to consider just about any trade that might benefit his team.
All of those players are scheduled to become unrestricted free agents in the summer of 2014.
“I don’t think it’s a case of making players available or not available; it’s that you’re trying to improve the club and the focus goes beyond this season,” Regier said. “It’s that simple, so you have to be open to anything that’s going to do that.”
Buffalo has won two straight games and clearly at least some of their players are still talking publicly about fighting for a playoff spot.
If they stay strong over these next two weeks then that will likely have an impact on what Regier does. However, if a buyer wants to make a major trade on a player that will be more than just a rental, it sounds like Regier will at least hear them out.
Mar 27, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Friday’s collection of links.
Mar 26, 2015, 11:30 PM EDT
Winnipeg grabbed a big win today, too.
Mar 26, 2015, 10:16 PM EDT
A tough win turned into a bitter OT loss.
Mar 26, 2015, 10:13 PM EDT
Will anyone else join them tonight?
Mar 26, 2015, 9:48 PM EDT
The real winners might be the Edmonton Oilers.
Mar 26, 2015, 9:12 PM EDT
Not a great night for Ottawa.
Mar 26, 2015, 8:58 PM EDT
Update your save of the year highlight packages.
Mar 26, 2015, 8:48 PM EDT
He seems OK after that tough, 2-on-1 check.
Mar 26, 2015, 8:41 PM EDT
Three goals allowed in 20 minutes by Detroit’s embattled starter.
Mar 26, 2015, 8:23 PM EDT
The Rangers forward felt encouraged by this latest step.
Mar 26, 2015, 7:03 PM EDT
He’s lining up with Brad Marchand and Patrice Bergeron to start.
Mar 26, 2015, 6:37 PM EDT
A Vladimir Tarasenko hit shook him up on Tuesday.
Mar 26, 2015, 5:40 PM EDT
Vermont power forward was the club’s third-round pick in 2011.
Mar 26, 2015, 4:56 PM EDT
Featuring Erik Karlsson, Marc Methot and a guest appearance from Curtis Lazar.
Mar 26, 2015, 4:37 PM EDT
The 43-year-old has been a big influence on his young linemates.
Mar 26, 2015, 4:09 PM EDT
Granted, they have to make them first.
Mar 26, 2015, 3:44 PM EDT
Bruce Boudreau continues to “experiment” on defense.
Mar 26, 2015, 3:20 PM EDT
“Hopefully we realize that, come together and allow this group to stay together.”
Mar 26, 2015, 2:44 PM EDT
An interesting comment from his agent.
Mar 26, 2015, 2:14 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 18
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 6
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 30
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 18
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)