Mar 22, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
Last week, Buffalo Sabres GM Darcy Regier said that he wasn’t in “a blow-it-up mindset” as the April 3 trade deadline gets closer. At the same time, he clarified to NHL.com that he’s willing to consider just about any trade that might benefit his team.
All of those players are scheduled to become unrestricted free agents in the summer of 2014.
“I don’t think it’s a case of making players available or not available; it’s that you’re trying to improve the club and the focus goes beyond this season,” Regier said. “It’s that simple, so you have to be open to anything that’s going to do that.”
Buffalo has won two straight games and clearly at least some of their players are still talking publicly about fighting for a playoff spot.
If they stay strong over these next two weeks then that will likely have an impact on what Regier does. However, if a buyer wants to make a major trade on a player that will be more than just a rental, it sounds like Regier will at least hear them out.
Jul 3, 2015, 11:00 PM EDT
Scored 13 goals in 54 games last season.
Jul 3, 2015, 10:00 PM EDT
He was sentenced in September, 2013.
Jul 3, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT
Spent the last three seasons in the KHL.
Jul 3, 2015, 7:44 PM EDT
Buffalo also signed Cal O’Reilly, who played last season with the AHL Utica Comets.
Jul 3, 2015, 6:43 PM EDT
He signed a six-year, $36 million deal with Columbus.
Jul 3, 2015, 5:44 PM EDT
“Joel is a quality veteran player who can score but also plays an extremely hard-nosed brand of hockey.”
Jul 3, 2015, 5:00 PM EDT
Could make things interesting next season.
Jul 3, 2015, 4:00 PM EDT
Brings a wealth of success, experience at AHL, collegiate levels.
Jul 3, 2015, 3:12 PM EDT
$52.5 million extension.
Jul 3, 2015, 2:50 PM EDT
“This long-term commitment that assures he will be an important part of our team for years to come.”
Jul 3, 2015, 2:37 PM EDT
“They gotta come in and knock somebody out of the box.”
Jul 3, 2015, 2:12 PM EDT
A one-year, two-way deal for the ex-Islander.
Jul 3, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
Charlie Huddy, Pascal Vincent and Wade Flaherty all inked three-year extensions.
Jul 3, 2015, 12:46 PM EDT
Expected to battle Brian Elliott for the starting role in St. Louis.
Jul 3, 2015, 12:23 PM EDT
“It’s an exciting time to be a part of this organization.”
Jul 3, 2015, 11:44 AM EDT
Jul 3, 2015, 11:32 AM EDT
Bobby Sanguinetti to Buffalo; Sharks grab Mark Cundari.
Jul 3, 2015, 11:30 AM EDT
Where he “contributed to the development of Jonathan Quick, Jonathan Bernier and Martin Jones.”
Jul 3, 2015, 11:19 AM EDT
How patiently will he wait?
Jul 3, 2015, 10:46 AM EDT
The 44th overall pick at the 2008 NHL Entry Draft.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)