Mar 22, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
Last week, Buffalo Sabres GM Darcy Regier said that he wasn’t in “a blow-it-up mindset” as the April 3 trade deadline gets closer. At the same time, he clarified to NHL.com that he’s willing to consider just about any trade that might benefit his team.
All of those players are scheduled to become unrestricted free agents in the summer of 2014.
“I don’t think it’s a case of making players available or not available; it’s that you’re trying to improve the club and the focus goes beyond this season,” Regier said. “It’s that simple, so you have to be open to anything that’s going to do that.”
Buffalo has won two straight games and clearly at least some of their players are still talking publicly about fighting for a playoff spot.
If they stay strong over these next two weeks then that will likely have an impact on what Regier does. However, if a buyer wants to make a major trade on a player that will be more than just a rental, it sounds like Regier will at least hear them out.
Apr 17, 2014, 11:22 PM EDT
These teams don’t like each other.
Apr 17, 2014, 10:58 PM EDT
The Blues forward is usually the aggressor.
Apr 17, 2014, 10:47 PM EDT
Opting to go with Mike Brown instead.
Apr 17, 2014, 10:35 PM EDT
He’ll remember that one.
Apr 17, 2014, 10:25 PM EDT
Battle of California.
Apr 17, 2014, 10:18 PM EDT
Stating the obvious.
Apr 17, 2014, 9:58 PM EDT
Could this be a key one?
Apr 17, 2014, 9:42 PM EDT
A cap hit of $7.5 million this season.
Apr 17, 2014, 9:40 PM EDT
Carl Hagelin’s face haunts Philly in Game 1.
Apr 17, 2014, 9:26 PM EDT
Did you hear Patrick Roy’s playing career ended against the Wild?
Apr 17, 2014, 8:49 PM EDT
Perhaps 23 goals in three games didn’t hurt, either.
Apr 17, 2014, 7:55 PM EDT
He calls it … The ‘Steeglemore.
Apr 17, 2014, 7:40 PM EDT
Somehow a first-round matchup.
Apr 17, 2014, 6:51 PM EDT
Their first playoff series since 1997.
Apr 17, 2014, 6:36 PM EDT
He didn’t skate on Thursday.
Apr 17, 2014, 5:48 PM EDT
After twice serving as an assistant.
Apr 17, 2014, 4:49 PM EDT
Head coach Todd McLellan took his time announcing this one, though.
Apr 17, 2014, 4:26 PM EDT
Meanwhile, no word on Torts.
Apr 17, 2014, 4:25 PM EDT
Oh, this should be good.
Apr 17, 2014, 3:19 PM EDT
Not great developments on the injury front.
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 0
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 43
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 0
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 24
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 112
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 12