Mar 22, 2013, 11:22 PM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings could get good news on the injury front this weekend.
Buzz is defenseman Carlo Colaiacovo could return Sunday against the Anaheim Ducks, according to a tweet from Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press on Friday.
Colaiacovo, 30, hasn’t played since injuring his shoulder in the second game of the season back on Jan. 21.
Injuries have been a concern for the Red Wings throughout the condensed season.
On Friday, the 38-year-old Todd Bertuzzi, once one of the top power forwards in the game, took to the ice for about 10 minutes during the Wings’ morning skate, according to MLive.com.
Bertuzzi hasn’t played since injuring his back on Feb. 7.
“I don’t want to get too excited, but just that he made the trip and feels good enough to go with us is a major step,” Wings general manager Ken Holland told MLive.com.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5