Mar 22, 2013, 11:22 PM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings could get good news on the injury front this weekend.
Buzz is defenseman Carlo Colaiacovo could return Sunday against the Anaheim Ducks, according to a tweet from Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press on Friday.
Colaiacovo, 30, hasn’t played since injuring his shoulder in the second game of the season back on Jan. 21.
Injuries have been a concern for the Red Wings throughout the condensed season.
On Friday, the 38-year-old Todd Bertuzzi, once one of the top power forwards in the game, took to the ice for about 10 minutes during the Wings’ morning skate, according to MLive.com.
Bertuzzi hasn’t played since injuring his back on Feb. 7.
“I don’t want to get too excited, but just that he made the trip and feels good enough to go with us is a major step,” Wings general manager Ken Holland told MLive.com.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39