Mar 22, 2013, 11:22 PM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings could get good news on the injury front this weekend.
Buzz is defenseman Carlo Colaiacovo could return Sunday against the Anaheim Ducks, according to a tweet from Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press on Friday.
Colaiacovo, 30, hasn’t played since injuring his shoulder in the second game of the season back on Jan. 21.
Injuries have been a concern for the Red Wings throughout the condensed season.
On Friday, the 38-year-old Todd Bertuzzi, once one of the top power forwards in the game, took to the ice for about 10 minutes during the Wings’ morning skate, according to MLive.com.
Bertuzzi hasn’t played since injuring his back on Feb. 7.
“I don’t want to get too excited, but just that he made the trip and feels good enough to go with us is a major step,” Wings general manager Ken Holland told MLive.com.
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 11
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 18
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 10
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 52
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 22
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 10
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 21
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 56
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 88
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (88)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call (64)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car