Mar 22, 2013, 11:22 PM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings could get good news on the injury front this weekend.
Buzz is defenseman Carlo Colaiacovo could return Sunday against the Anaheim Ducks, according to a tweet from Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press on Friday.
Colaiacovo, 30, hasn’t played since injuring his shoulder in the second game of the season back on Jan. 21.
Injuries have been a concern for the Red Wings throughout the condensed season.
On Friday, the 38-year-old Todd Bertuzzi, once one of the top power forwards in the game, took to the ice for about 10 minutes during the Wings’ morning skate, according to MLive.com.
Bertuzzi hasn’t played since injuring his back on Feb. 7.
“I don’t want to get too excited, but just that he made the trip and feels good enough to go with us is a major step,” Wings general manager Ken Holland told MLive.com.
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 57
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 3
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)