Mar 22, 2013, 11:22 PM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings could get good news on the injury front this weekend.
Buzz is defenseman Carlo Colaiacovo could return Sunday against the Anaheim Ducks, according to a tweet from Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press on Friday.
Colaiacovo, 30, hasn’t played since injuring his shoulder in the second game of the season back on Jan. 21.
Injuries have been a concern for the Red Wings throughout the condensed season.
On Friday, the 38-year-old Todd Bertuzzi, once one of the top power forwards in the game, took to the ice for about 10 minutes during the Wings’ morning skate, according to MLive.com.
Bertuzzi hasn’t played since injuring his back on Feb. 7.
“I don’t want to get too excited, but just that he made the trip and feels good enough to go with us is a major step,” Wings general manager Ken Holland told MLive.com.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 6
- Five big games to watch this weekend 6
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 33
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 15
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 55
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)