Mar 22, 2013, 7:15 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
24-year-old forward Kyle Flanagan has inked a one-year deal with the Philadelphia Flyers for the 2013-14 campaign. He had 15 goals and 47 points in 35 games with St. Lawrence University this season. (CSN Philly)
Speaking of Flanagan, he was one of the 10 finalists announced on Thursday for the Hobey Baker Award. (NHL.com)
A look at the San Jose Sharks’ situation as the trade deadline approaches. (CSN Bay Area)
Patrick Maroon has agreed to a two-year extension with the Anaheim Ducks. He’s scored twice in 11 games with Anaheim this season and he also has 39 points and 115 penalty minutes in 51 AHL contests in 2012-13. (Ducks.nhl.com)
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 51
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 19
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 20
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead