Mar 22, 2013, 10:59 PM EST
Another night in the National Hockey League and another streak continues.
On Friday, the Pittsburgh Penguins extended their winning streak to 11 games thanks to a 4-2 victory over the New York Islanders.
Their streak matches that of the Chicago Blackhawks from earlier in the season, according to NHL.com.
The Penguins can make it 12 straight games with a win when they take on their bitter rivals, the Philadelphia Flyers, on Sunday.
Sidney Crosby continues his torrid offensive pace.
He added another two assists in the win and is now up to 52 points on the season. That total leads the league by 11 over his teammate Chris Kunitz, who scored late in the second period and now has 41 points.
We bounced back in the second and third periods,” Crosby told NHL.com.
“Sometimes you’ve got to find ways to win, and tonight we had to find a way”
The Penguins’ 11-game winning streak wasn’t quite trumped by the results in Columbus Friday.
The Blue Jackets extended their point streak to 12 games, leading to the following tweet from Adam Proteau.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 22
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (73)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)