Mar 22, 2013, 10:59 PM EDT
Another night in the National Hockey League and another streak continues.
On Friday, the Pittsburgh Penguins extended their winning streak to 11 games thanks to a 4-2 victory over the New York Islanders.
Their streak matches that of the Chicago Blackhawks from earlier in the season, according to NHL.com.
The Penguins can make it 12 straight games with a win when they take on their bitter rivals, the Philadelphia Flyers, on Sunday.
Sidney Crosby continues his torrid offensive pace.
He added another two assists in the win and is now up to 52 points on the season. That total leads the league by 11 over his teammate Chris Kunitz, who scored late in the second period and now has 41 points.
We bounced back in the second and third periods,” Crosby told NHL.com.
“Sometimes you’ve got to find ways to win, and tonight we had to find a way”
The Penguins’ 11-game winning streak wasn’t quite trumped by the results in Columbus Friday.
The Blue Jackets extended their point streak to 12 games, leading to the following tweet from Adam Proteau.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 70
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)