Mar 22, 2013, 10:59 PM EDT
Another night in the National Hockey League and another streak continues.
On Friday, the Pittsburgh Penguins extended their winning streak to 11 games thanks to a 4-2 victory over the New York Islanders.
Their streak matches that of the Chicago Blackhawks from earlier in the season, according to NHL.com.
The Penguins can make it 12 straight games with a win when they take on their bitter rivals, the Philadelphia Flyers, on Sunday.
Sidney Crosby continues his torrid offensive pace.
He added another two assists in the win and is now up to 52 points on the season. That total leads the league by 11 over his teammate Chris Kunitz, who scored late in the second period and now has 41 points.
We bounced back in the second and third periods,” Crosby told NHL.com.
“Sometimes you’ve got to find ways to win, and tonight we had to find a way”
The Penguins’ 11-game winning streak wasn’t quite trumped by the results in Columbus Friday.
The Blue Jackets extended their point streak to 12 games, leading to the following tweet from Adam Proteau.
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 0
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 0
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 29
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)