Mar 22, 2013, 10:59 PM EDT
Another night in the National Hockey League and another streak continues.
On Friday, the Pittsburgh Penguins extended their winning streak to 11 games thanks to a 4-2 victory over the New York Islanders.
Their streak matches that of the Chicago Blackhawks from earlier in the season, according to NHL.com.
The Penguins can make it 12 straight games with a win when they take on their bitter rivals, the Philadelphia Flyers, on Sunday.
Sidney Crosby continues his torrid offensive pace.
He added another two assists in the win and is now up to 52 points on the season. That total leads the league by 11 over his teammate Chris Kunitz, who scored late in the second period and now has 41 points.
We bounced back in the second and third periods,” Crosby told NHL.com.
“Sometimes you’ve got to find ways to win, and tonight we had to find a way”
The Penguins’ 11-game winning streak wasn’t quite trumped by the results in Columbus Friday.
The Blue Jackets extended their point streak to 12 games, leading to the following tweet from Adam Proteau.
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 4
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 24
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 34
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 18
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)