Mar 22, 2013, 5:30 PM EDT
The Oilers will likely be without Ryan Nugent-Hopkins for the second consecutive game on Saturday when they take on the Blues in Edmonton.
“Very doubtful,” was how Oilers head coach Ralph Krueger classified Nugent-Hopkins’ likelihood of suiting up.
The 19-year-old was slated to center Edmonton’s top line on Wednesday night against San Jose, but was a late scratch due to what’s suspected to be the flu.
His absence forced Krueger to juggle things in what ended up a 4-3 shootout loss to the Sharks.
On the bright side, Belanger is expected to return to the lineup on Saturday, meaning the Oilers should have more depth down the middle.
- ‘We’re going into the cage,’ says Kings’ coach Sutter about Game 5 0
- Kings stave off elimination, force Game 5 against Sharks 21
- Wild hold off late Avalanche push to even series at 2-2 53
- Bruins scratch out OT win, push Red Wings to brink 42
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at L.A. Kings 0
- WATCH LIVE: Colorado Avalanche at Minnesota Wild (Game 4) 5
- Monster of a surprise: Red Wings start Gustavsson over Howard 5
- WATCH LIVE: Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings (Game 4) 2
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 64
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 99
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Wild’s Cooke offered in-person hearing for knee-on-knee collision with Barrie (111)