Mar 22, 2013, 12:53 PM EDT
Pittsburgh coach Dan Bylsma says both players remain day-to-day. The Pens’ next game after tonight’s is Sunday at home to Philadelphia.
Malkin last played March 9 when he was hurt in a game with Toronto.
Letang was hurt in Sunday’s contest versus Boston.
Both players have been skating.
Even without two of their offensive stars, the Penguins won their 10th straight Tuesday with a 2-1 victory over Washington. In their last six games, the Pens have surrendered just six goals.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 0
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53