Mar 22, 2013, 12:53 PM EDT
Pittsburgh coach Dan Bylsma says both players remain day-to-day. The Pens’ next game after tonight’s is Sunday at home to Philadelphia.
Malkin last played March 9 when he was hurt in a game with Toronto.
Letang was hurt in Sunday’s contest versus Boston.
Both players have been skating.
Even without two of their offensive stars, the Penguins won their 10th straight Tuesday with a 2-1 victory over Washington. In their last six games, the Pens have surrendered just six goals.
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 5
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 12
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)