Mar 22, 2013, 6:21 PM EDT
Here be the tweet that’s sure to cause some controversy:
If someone can explain the decisions on what warrants a suspension and what doesn’t, please let me and the rest of guys know..
— Joffrey Lupul (@JLupul) March 22, 2013
Lupul’s tweet comes on the same day the NHL ruled that New York Rangers forward Rick Nash wouldn’t receive any supplemental discipline for hitting Florida’s Tomas Kopecky in the head on Thursday night.
Other members of the Toronto organization also expressed confusion over the NHL’s ruling.
“It makes no sense,” a high-level member of the Leafs front office told the Toronto Star.
(Note: “High-level member of the Leafs front office” is the Star’s description, not ours.)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 12
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 6
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 34
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)