Mar 22, 2013, 6:21 PM EDT
Here be the tweet that’s sure to cause some controversy:
If someone can explain the decisions on what warrants a suspension and what doesn’t, please let me and the rest of guys know..
— Joffrey Lupul (@JLupul) March 22, 2013
Lupul’s tweet comes on the same day the NHL ruled that New York Rangers forward Rick Nash wouldn’t receive any supplemental discipline for hitting Florida’s Tomas Kopecky in the head on Thursday night.
Other members of the Toronto organization also expressed confusion over the NHL’s ruling.
“It makes no sense,” a high-level member of the Leafs front office told the Toronto Star.
(Note: “High-level member of the Leafs front office” is the Star’s description, not ours.)
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 5
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 34
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 10
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 23
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)