Mar 22, 2013, 3:14 PM EST
Sounds as though Chicago Blackhawks forward Marian Hossa will miss a second straight game Monday with an upper-body injury.
Hossa hasn’t played since suffering an upper-body injury on Mar. 18 against Colorado, sitting out Wednesday’s 4-2 loss in Anaheim.
He didn’t practice with the ‘Hawks on Friday, and head coach Joel Quenneville said its doubtful Hossa will be in the lineup on Monday when the ‘Hawks take on the Kings.
“He’s doing all right,” Quenneville told ESPN Chicago. “Hopefully, he’ll get on the ice [for practice] on Sunday. He’s progressing. With him, not likely [to play vs. LA].”
The 33-year-old left the contest and didn’t return.
Hossa has 13 goals and 10 assists in 28 games this season and is Chicago’s third-leading scorer (second in goals). In his absence, Quenneville double-shifted Patrick Kane extensively on Wednesday, and Kane ended up playing a team-high 24:23.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 13
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 52
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)