Mar 22, 2013, 3:14 PM EDT
Sounds as though Chicago Blackhawks forward Marian Hossa will miss a second straight game Monday with an upper-body injury.
Hossa hasn’t played since suffering an upper-body injury on Mar. 18 against Colorado, sitting out Wednesday’s 4-2 loss in Anaheim.
He didn’t practice with the ‘Hawks on Friday, and head coach Joel Quenneville said its doubtful Hossa will be in the lineup on Monday when the ‘Hawks take on the Kings.
“He’s doing all right,” Quenneville told ESPN Chicago. “Hopefully, he’ll get on the ice [for practice] on Sunday. He’s progressing. With him, not likely [to play vs. LA].”
The 33-year-old left the contest and didn’t return.
Hossa has 13 goals and 10 assists in 28 games this season and is Chicago’s third-leading scorer (second in goals). In his absence, Quenneville double-shifted Patrick Kane extensively on Wednesday, and Kane ended up playing a team-high 24:23.
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 4
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 1
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 9
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 37
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)