Mar 22, 2013, 3:14 PM EDT
Sounds as though Chicago Blackhawks forward Marian Hossa will miss a second straight game Monday with an upper-body injury.
Hossa hasn’t played since suffering an upper-body injury on Mar. 18 against Colorado, sitting out Wednesday’s 4-2 loss in Anaheim.
He didn’t practice with the ‘Hawks on Friday, and head coach Joel Quenneville said its doubtful Hossa will be in the lineup on Monday when the ‘Hawks take on the Kings.
“He’s doing all right,” Quenneville told ESPN Chicago. “Hopefully, he’ll get on the ice [for practice] on Sunday. He’s progressing. With him, not likely [to play vs. LA].”
The 33-year-old left the contest and didn’t return.
Hossa has 13 goals and 10 assists in 28 games this season and is Chicago’s third-leading scorer (second in goals). In his absence, Quenneville double-shifted Patrick Kane extensively on Wednesday, and Kane ended up playing a team-high 24:23.
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 0
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 12
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 4
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 36
- Report: Kings’ Stoll may have head, shoulder injuries 15
- Rangers’ goaltending a concern? ‘We know what Henrik is,’ says Tortorella 26
- Discuss: Bruins find scoring touch in Game 2 win over Rangers 46
- Playoffs tonight: Spezza’s Game 3 return, Bruins-Rangers highlight your Sunday 5
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (94)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Live Extra: Watch Blackhawks-Red Wings Game 3
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Dickey goes 8, beats Rays for 2nd straight win
- PST: Mourinho officially leaving Real Madrid
- PHT: Stalberg returns to Hawks' lineup for Game 3
- PHT: Hawks look to boost intensity vs. Wings
- PFT: Brady says he's 'never felt better' throwing the ball