Mar 22, 2013, 10:34 PM EDT
It started back on Feb. 26.
The Columbus Blue Jackets, thanks to a dominant 5-1 win over the visiting Calgary Flames Friday evening, have now gone 12 games without a regulation defeat. Nine of those games have been decided either in overtime or the shootout.
Yes. The Columbus Blue Jackets. No, that isn’t a typo.
A three-goal outburst from the Blue Jackets in the second period turned what was, at the time, a 1-1 hockey game into a commanding 4-1 Columbus lead heading into the final 20 minutes.
And the folks at the Nationwide Arena showed their appreciation, giving the Blue Jackets a standing ovation for the final minute of the game, according to a tweet from Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch.
The Blue Jackets’ Central Division foes, the Chicago Blackhawks, already had an impressive streak to begin the season, going the first 24 games without a regulation loss.
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 0
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 3
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 9
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 8
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 17
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 13
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Snider: Patience is ‘great with the kids,’ but not with ‘the team we have on the ice’ 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Asst. GM Guerin admits Penguins need to lay off the refs (51)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)