Mar 22, 2013, 10:34 PM EST
It started back on Feb. 26.
The Columbus Blue Jackets, thanks to a dominant 5-1 win over the visiting Calgary Flames Friday evening, have now gone 12 games without a regulation defeat. Nine of those games have been decided either in overtime or the shootout.
Yes. The Columbus Blue Jackets. No, that isn’t a typo.
A three-goal outburst from the Blue Jackets in the second period turned what was, at the time, a 1-1 hockey game into a commanding 4-1 Columbus lead heading into the final 20 minutes.
And the folks at the Nationwide Arena showed their appreciation, giving the Blue Jackets a standing ovation for the final minute of the game, according to a tweet from Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch.
The Blue Jackets’ Central Division foes, the Chicago Blackhawks, already had an impressive streak to begin the season, going the first 24 games without a regulation loss.
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 0
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 11
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 19
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)