Mar 22, 2013, 10:34 PM EDT
It started back on Feb. 26.
The Columbus Blue Jackets, thanks to a dominant 5-1 win over the visiting Calgary Flames Friday evening, have now gone 12 games without a regulation defeat. Nine of those games have been decided either in overtime or the shootout.
Yes. The Columbus Blue Jackets. No, that isn’t a typo.
A three-goal outburst from the Blue Jackets in the second period turned what was, at the time, a 1-1 hockey game into a commanding 4-1 Columbus lead heading into the final 20 minutes.
And the folks at the Nationwide Arena showed their appreciation, giving the Blue Jackets a standing ovation for the final minute of the game, according to a tweet from Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch.
The Blue Jackets’ Central Division foes, the Chicago Blackhawks, already had an impressive streak to begin the season, going the first 24 games without a regulation loss.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 2
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 29
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 26
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)