Mar 22, 2013, 5:50 PM EDT
One day after tweaking his back during the morning skate and subsequently being kept out of the lineup Thursday evening against the Phoenix Coyotes, Canucks forward Chris Higgins was back skating Friday.
This is good news for the Canucks, a team dealing with numerous injuries and a possible suspension to one of its top blue liners.
With Higgins out of the lineup, defenseman Keith Ballard was moved up to the wing for Thursday’s 2-1 win over the Coyotes, while Andrew Gordon, recalled from the Chicago Wolves of the American Hockey League, was placed on the fourth line.
Canucks defenseman Alex Edler is scheduled to have a hearing with the Department of Player Safety, after he was given a major penalty for charging on a collision with Coyotes goalie Mike Smith behind the Phoenix net in the second period of Thursday’s game.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 69
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)