Mar 22, 2013, 5:50 PM EDT
One day after tweaking his back during the morning skate and subsequently being kept out of the lineup Thursday evening against the Phoenix Coyotes, Canucks forward Chris Higgins was back skating Friday.
This is good news for the Canucks, a team dealing with numerous injuries and a possible suspension to one of its top blue liners.
With Higgins out of the lineup, defenseman Keith Ballard was moved up to the wing for Thursday’s 2-1 win over the Coyotes, while Andrew Gordon, recalled from the Chicago Wolves of the American Hockey League, was placed on the fourth line.
Canucks defenseman Alex Edler is scheduled to have a hearing with the Department of Player Safety, after he was given a major penalty for charging on a collision with Coyotes goalie Mike Smith behind the Phoenix net in the second period of Thursday’s game.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 13
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 9
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 7
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 14
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 53
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 62
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1