Mar 22, 2013, 1:17 PM EST
It’s possible Booth could return for the playoffs, presumably depending how far Vancouver advances.
Booth was hurt in Saturday’s 5-2 loss to Detroit at Rogers Arena.
It’s been a frustrating year for the 28-year-old, who missed the start of the season with a groin injury and has only managed one goal, an empty-netter, in 12 games.
The injury does, however, open up cap space for Gillis as the April 3 trade deadline approaches. Booth’s cap hit is $4.25 million.
The Canucks have also shut down forward Manny Malhotra ($2.5 million) for the season.
There also, of course, remains a chance Gillis can trade goalie Roberto Luongo ($5.3 million).
Vancouver, like many teams, is searching for a third-line center.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 67
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (149)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (67)