Mar 22, 2013, 1:17 PM EST
It’s possible Booth could return for the playoffs, presumably depending how far Vancouver advances.
Booth was hurt in Saturday’s 5-2 loss to Detroit at Rogers Arena.
It’s been a frustrating year for the 28-year-old, who missed the start of the season with a groin injury and has only managed one goal, an empty-netter, in 12 games.
The injury does, however, open up cap space for Gillis as the April 3 trade deadline approaches. Booth’s cap hit is $4.25 million.
The Canucks have also shut down forward Manny Malhotra ($2.5 million) for the season.
There also, of course, remains a chance Gillis can trade goalie Roberto Luongo ($5.3 million).
Vancouver, like many teams, is searching for a third-line center.
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 1
- Devils fire DeBoer 19
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 3
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 17
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)