Mar 22, 2013, 1:17 PM EDT
It’s possible Booth could return for the playoffs, presumably depending how far Vancouver advances.
Booth was hurt in Saturday’s 5-2 loss to Detroit at Rogers Arena.
It’s been a frustrating year for the 28-year-old, who missed the start of the season with a groin injury and has only managed one goal, an empty-netter, in 12 games.
The injury does, however, open up cap space for Gillis as the April 3 trade deadline approaches. Booth’s cap hit is $4.25 million.
The Canucks have also shut down forward Manny Malhotra ($2.5 million) for the season.
There also, of course, remains a chance Gillis can trade goalie Roberto Luongo ($5.3 million).
Vancouver, like many teams, is searching for a third-line center.
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 0
- Selanne offers harsh criticism of Boudreau’s handling of him 8
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 15
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 21
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 22
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 51
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 22
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (51)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)