Mar 22, 2013, 10:45 AM EST
Considering the likelihood that Brian Elliott‘s struggles have ruined his trade value, some might wonder if Jaroslav Halak might end up being trade bait thanks to that three’s a crowd scenario. TSN’s Steve Simmons reports that two scouts believed that was the case, yet Blues GM Doug Armstrong slammed the door on that possibility.
“He’s not going anywhere,” Armstrong said.
Even so, Allen’s rise makes for an interesting dilemma. The 22-year-old will be a restricted free agent after this season while both Halak and Elliott’s deals won’t expire until after 2013-14.
With star defenseman Alex Pietrangelo and red-hot forward Chris Stewart among the Blues who will need new contracts this summer, Armstrong will likely face some tough choices – both in and outside St. Louis’ net – in the near future.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)