Mar 22, 2013, 10:45 AM EDT
Considering the likelihood that Brian Elliott‘s struggles have ruined his trade value, some might wonder if Jaroslav Halak might end up being trade bait thanks to that three’s a crowd scenario. TSN’s Steve Simmons reports that two scouts believed that was the case, yet Blues GM Doug Armstrong slammed the door on that possibility.
“He’s not going anywhere,” Armstrong said.
Even so, Allen’s rise makes for an interesting dilemma. The 22-year-old will be a restricted free agent after this season while both Halak and Elliott’s deals won’t expire until after 2013-14.
With star defenseman Alex Pietrangelo and red-hot forward Chris Stewart among the Blues who will need new contracts this summer, Armstrong will likely face some tough choices – both in and outside St. Louis’ net – in the near future.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 7
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 23
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)