Mar 22, 2013, 10:45 AM EDT
Considering the likelihood that Brian Elliott‘s struggles have ruined his trade value, some might wonder if Jaroslav Halak might end up being trade bait thanks to that three’s a crowd scenario. TSN’s Steve Simmons reports that two scouts believed that was the case, yet Blues GM Doug Armstrong slammed the door on that possibility.
“He’s not going anywhere,” Armstrong said.
Even so, Allen’s rise makes for an interesting dilemma. The 22-year-old will be a restricted free agent after this season while both Halak and Elliott’s deals won’t expire until after 2013-14.
With star defenseman Alex Pietrangelo and red-hot forward Chris Stewart among the Blues who will need new contracts this summer, Armstrong will likely face some tough choices – both in and outside St. Louis’ net – in the near future.
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 4
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 30
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 107
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7