Mar 21, 2013, 10:05 PM EDT
While the New York Rangers’ efforts have been hit-or-miss this season, Rick Nash has been living up to expectations as a premier power forward. That gritty side might get him in trouble with the league after Thursday’s elbow on Florida Panthers forward Tomas Kopecky.
The 28-year-old winger didn’t receive a penalty and there wasn’t any retribution during the game.
He doesn’t have a suspension history, yet Chicago Blackhawks blog The Committed Indian points out that he’s had a questionable moment or two, including a hit on Marcus Kruger.
Kopecky needed to leave the ice after the elbow, so we’ll see how his health factors into a possible punishment.
Nash collected an assist in New York’s only goal as Florida won 3-1 on the strength of Jacob Markstrom‘s 44-save night.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 2
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 5
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 38
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)