Mar 21, 2013, 10:05 PM EDT
While the New York Rangers’ efforts have been hit-or-miss this season, Rick Nash has been living up to expectations as a premier power forward. That gritty side might get him in trouble with the league after Thursday’s elbow on Florida Panthers forward Tomas Kopecky.
The 28-year-old winger didn’t receive a penalty and there wasn’t any retribution during the game.
He doesn’t have a suspension history, yet Chicago Blackhawks blog The Committed Indian points out that he’s had a questionable moment or two, including a hit on Marcus Kruger.
Kopecky needed to leave the ice after the elbow, so we’ll see how his health factors into a possible punishment.
Nash collected an assist in New York’s only goal as Florida won 3-1 on the strength of Jacob Markstrom‘s 44-save night.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 3
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 8
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)