Mar 21, 2013, 10:05 PM EDT
While the New York Rangers’ efforts have been hit-or-miss this season, Rick Nash has been living up to expectations as a premier power forward. That gritty side might get him in trouble with the league after Thursday’s elbow on Florida Panthers forward Tomas Kopecky.
The 28-year-old winger didn’t receive a penalty and there wasn’t any retribution during the game.
He doesn’t have a suspension history, yet Chicago Blackhawks blog The Committed Indian points out that he’s had a questionable moment or two, including a hit on Marcus Kruger.
Kopecky needed to leave the ice after the elbow, so we’ll see how his health factors into a possible punishment.
Nash collected an assist in New York’s only goal as Florida won 3-1 on the strength of Jacob Markstrom‘s 44-save night.
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 3
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 87
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 40
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 72
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 62