Mar 21, 2013, 10:05 PM EST
While the New York Rangers’ efforts have been hit-or-miss this season, Rick Nash has been living up to expectations as a premier power forward. That gritty side might get him in trouble with the league after Thursday’s elbow on Florida Panthers forward Tomas Kopecky.
The 28-year-old winger didn’t receive a penalty and there wasn’t any retribution during the game.
He doesn’t have a suspension history, yet Chicago Blackhawks blog The Committed Indian points out that he’s had a questionable moment or two, including a hit on Marcus Kruger.
Kopecky needed to leave the ice after the elbow, so we’ll see how his health factors into a possible punishment.
Nash collected an assist in New York’s only goal as Florida won 3-1 on the strength of Jacob Markstrom‘s 44-save night.
- Video: Dustin Brown ejected for kneeing, Tomas Hertl won’t return (update) 16
- No supplemental discipline for Caps’ Wilson 28
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 6
- Chiarelli says he’s not trading Marchand 20
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 53
- Video: ‘The message is not being heard’ when it comes to illegal hits, suspensions 52
- Video: Kunitz collides with Rangers’ goalie Lundqvist in overtime (Updated) 58
- Discuss: Penguins outlast Rangers in the shootout on NBCSN Rivalry Night 43
- Video: Jagr passes Yzerman for eighth on NHL goals list 12
- Wild put Harding on IR to undergo change in MS treatment 16
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (103)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)