Mar 21, 2013, 3:20 PM EDT
Yesterday, we passed along news of Tampa Bay goalie Anders Lindback suffering a lower-body injury during a 4-2 loss to the Leafs, forcing him out of the contest.
Today, Lindback’s diagnosis was revealed — and it’s not good.
The Swedish netminder will be out for an undetermined length of time with a high ankle sprain and is headed to injured reserve.
The news is tough for Tampa Bay on two fronts.
One, the goaltending front, as Lindback has played well of late, winning three straight games while allowing just five goals.
Two, the injury front.
Benoit Pouliout is still shelved with a sprained right shoulder and the team’s other goalie, Mathieu Garon, was activated from IR (lower body) just eight days ago.
According to Erik Erlendsson of the Tampa Tribune, head coach Guy Boucher is “leaning toward” starting Garon in both games this weekend — Saturday in Ottawa, Sunday in Winnipeg — though it’s possible AHL call-up Cedrick Desjardins could see some action as well.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 33
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 13
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 94
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 17
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (94)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)