Mar 21, 2013, 3:20 PM EDT
Yesterday, we passed along news of Tampa Bay goalie Anders Lindback suffering a lower-body injury during a 4-2 loss to the Leafs, forcing him out of the contest.
Today, Lindback’s diagnosis was revealed — and it’s not good.
The Swedish netminder will be out for an undetermined length of time with a high ankle sprain and is headed to injured reserve.
The news is tough for Tampa Bay on two fronts.
One, the goaltending front, as Lindback has played well of late, winning three straight games while allowing just five goals.
Two, the injury front.
Benoit Pouliout is still shelved with a sprained right shoulder and the team’s other goalie, Mathieu Garon, was activated from IR (lower body) just eight days ago.
According to Erik Erlendsson of the Tampa Tribune, head coach Guy Boucher is “leaning toward” starting Garon in both games this weekend — Saturday in Ottawa, Sunday in Winnipeg — though it’s possible AHL call-up Cedrick Desjardins could see some action as well.
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 33
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 11
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 35
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 34
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)