Mar 21, 2013, 3:20 PM EDT
Yesterday, we passed along news of Tampa Bay goalie Anders Lindback suffering a lower-body injury during a 4-2 loss to the Leafs, forcing him out of the contest.
Today, Lindback’s diagnosis was revealed — and it’s not good.
The Swedish netminder will be out for an undetermined length of time with a high ankle sprain and is headed to injured reserve.
The news is tough for Tampa Bay on two fronts.
One, the goaltending front, as Lindback has played well of late, winning three straight games while allowing just five goals.
Two, the injury front.
Benoit Pouliout is still shelved with a sprained right shoulder and the team’s other goalie, Mathieu Garon, was activated from IR (lower body) just eight days ago.
According to Erik Erlendsson of the Tampa Tribune, head coach Guy Boucher is “leaning toward” starting Garon in both games this weekend — Saturday in Ottawa, Sunday in Winnipeg — though it’s possible AHL call-up Cedrick Desjardins could see some action as well.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 8
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 27
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)