Mar 21, 2013, 10:58 PM EST
The Ottawa Senators’ ridiculous run of injuries continued on Thursday as defenseman Sergei Gonchar suffered an undisclosed injury.
The good news is that head coach Paul MacLean didn’t seem too concerned about the mystery ailment, which will apparently be re-evaluated on Friday.
It’s especially cruel timing because the 38-year-old blueliner has been generating some of his best production in ages lately. He extended a nine-game point streak (one goal, 13 assists) with a helper in Ottawa’s 2-1 loss to the Boston Bruins tonight.
Again, it’s heartening that his issue might not be too serious, but the Senators’ injury list is just absurd:
- Erik Karlsson (season over)
- Jared Cowen (season over)
- Jason Spezza (out indefinitely)
- Milan Michalek (out indefinitely, season’s probably over)
- Craig Anderson (day-to-day)
- Marc Methot (day-to-day)
- Mike Lundin (day-to-day)
- David Dziurzynski (day-to-day)
- Gonchar (we shall see)
Yup, that’s pretty outrageous.
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 15
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 2
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 24
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 37
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 12
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 63
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 45
- Trade: Montreal acquires Petry from Edmonton for two draft picks 21
- Bruins acquire Connolly from the Lightning for draft picks (Confirmed) 32
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 69
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (161)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)