Mar 21, 2013, 10:58 PM EST
The Ottawa Senators’ ridiculous run of injuries continued on Thursday as defenseman Sergei Gonchar suffered an undisclosed injury.
The good news is that head coach Paul MacLean didn’t seem too concerned about the mystery ailment, which will apparently be re-evaluated on Friday.
It’s especially cruel timing because the 38-year-old blueliner has been generating some of his best production in ages lately. He extended a nine-game point streak (one goal, 13 assists) with a helper in Ottawa’s 2-1 loss to the Boston Bruins tonight.
Again, it’s heartening that his issue might not be too serious, but the Senators’ injury list is just absurd:
- Erik Karlsson (season over)
- Jared Cowen (season over)
- Jason Spezza (out indefinitely)
- Milan Michalek (out indefinitely, season’s probably over)
- Craig Anderson (day-to-day)
- Marc Methot (day-to-day)
- Mike Lundin (day-to-day)
- David Dziurzynski (day-to-day)
- Gonchar (we shall see)
Yup, that’s pretty outrageous.
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 3
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 8
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 23
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11