Mar 21, 2013, 10:45 AM EDT
Here’s the incident in question:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Kronwall was given a four-minute high-sticking double minor on the play and Coyle left the game momentarily to be tended to by trainers (he missed roughly six minutes in all.)
“Woke me right up,” Coyle told the Minnesota Star-Tribune.
As for why Kronwall escaped punishment — according to the Star-Tribune’s Mike Russo, the NHL felt Kronwall hit Coyle with “full body contact.”
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 81
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50