Mar 21, 2013, 4:19 PM EDT
The New York Rangers’ youth movement will on full display tonight at MSG.
The Blueshirts will skate two of their last four first-round draft picks — JT Miller (15th overall, 2011) and Chris Kreider (19th overall, 2009) — on a line with center Brian Boyle tonight against Florida.
Kreider will replace Taylor Pyatt on the line, and look to add some offensive flair — Miller hasn’t scored a goal in 19 games while Boyle has just one goal in 25 games.
“[Kreider] brings a high skill set, a big body, skates as well as anybody,” Miller told the New York Daily news. “So he makes people better that way.”
Kreider, who started the year with the Rangers, has spent the last eight games playing “big minutes in every situation” for AHL Connecticut and responded with seven points.
He says he’s not feeling any extra pressure in his second stint with the team, even though the Rangers are desperate for wins.
You’d rather be under the microscope than the guy they don’t worry about,” he told Newsday. “Right?”
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call 22
- Discuss: Sharks win in OT, draw series to 2-1 12
- NHL fines Sharks $100K for Torres suspension critique 40
- Toews has beef with officiating after Game 2 loss 46
- Discuss: Red Wings even up series, take down Chicago 4-1 26
- No surgery needed for Eric Staal following injury at Worlds 3
- Playoffs tonight: Detroit and San Jose look to change things up 3
- Bruins’ Hamilton: ‘I don’t feel like a rookie anymore’ 26
- Penguins’ Murray: ‘We need to be better’ 8
- Senators’ coach MacLean: Karlsson ‘wasn’t one of the best players’ 4
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (93)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Capitals discuss ‘lopsided’ penalty calls (82)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (79)
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- Play Video: Highlights: Sharks take critical Game 3 in OT
- Play Video: Stuart lands huge hit on Williams
- Play Video: Toffoli gets Kings on the board
- Play Video: Sharks take advantage of early penalty
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings even series, thump Blackhawks
- Play Video: Filppula scores impressive, unbalanced goal