Mar 21, 2013, 4:19 PM EDT
The New York Rangers’ youth movement will on full display tonight at MSG.
The Blueshirts will skate two of their last four first-round draft picks — JT Miller (15th overall, 2011) and Chris Kreider (19th overall, 2009) — on a line with center Brian Boyle tonight against Florida.
Kreider will replace Taylor Pyatt on the line, and look to add some offensive flair — Miller hasn’t scored a goal in 19 games while Boyle has just one goal in 25 games.
“[Kreider] brings a high skill set, a big body, skates as well as anybody,” Miller told the New York Daily news. “So he makes people better that way.”
Kreider, who started the year with the Rangers, has spent the last eight games playing “big minutes in every situation” for AHL Connecticut and responded with seven points.
He says he’s not feeling any extra pressure in his second stint with the team, even though the Rangers are desperate for wins.
You’d rather be under the microscope than the guy they don’t worry about,” he told Newsday. “Right?”
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 41
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 4
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 11
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 28
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 14
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 73
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 6
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 20
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 8
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- Play Video: Highlights: Penguins crush Senators to move on
- Play Video: Neil hits Murray below the belt
- Play Video: Morrow's goal up for review in Game 5
- Play Video: Phantom penalty called on Crosby
- Play Video: I was there: Bruins stun Maple Leafs in Game 7
- Play Video: Top-seeded Blackhawks on brink of elimination