Mar 21, 2013, 4:19 PM EST
The New York Rangers’ youth movement will on full display tonight at MSG.
The Blueshirts will skate two of their last four first-round draft picks — JT Miller (15th overall, 2011) and Chris Kreider (19th overall, 2009) — on a line with center Brian Boyle tonight against Florida.
Kreider will replace Taylor Pyatt on the line, and look to add some offensive flair — Miller hasn’t scored a goal in 19 games while Boyle has just one goal in 25 games.
“[Kreider] brings a high skill set, a big body, skates as well as anybody,” Miller told the New York Daily news. “So he makes people better that way.”
Kreider, who started the year with the Rangers, has spent the last eight games playing “big minutes in every situation” for AHL Connecticut and responded with seven points.
He says he’s not feeling any extra pressure in his second stint with the team, even though the Rangers are desperate for wins.
You’d rather be under the microscope than the guy they don’t worry about,” he told Newsday. “Right?”
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 9
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 9
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 24
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 17
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 77
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)