Mar 21, 2013, 2:39 PM EDT
The group that hopes to build an NHL-caliber arena in the Toronto suburb of Markham has launched a website (gtacentre.ca) to promote its plans.
GTA Sports and Entertainment president and CEO Graeme Roustan says the website “provides us with a necessary platform to communicate the facts of the project as they become available.”
The arena project is a controversial one — particularly the part of the plan that has the city borrowing $325 million to construct the building, with no guarantee of an NHL team to play in it.
Here’s one of the fancy charts you can find on the site:
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 24
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 40
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 34
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21