Mar 21, 2013, 2:39 PM EST
The group that hopes to build an NHL-caliber arena in the Toronto suburb of Markham has launched a website (gtacentre.ca) to promote its plans.
GTA Sports and Entertainment president and CEO Graeme Roustan says the website “provides us with a necessary platform to communicate the facts of the project as they become available.”
The arena project is a controversial one — particularly the part of the plan that has the city borrowing $325 million to construct the building, with no guarantee of an NHL team to play in it.
Here’s one of the fancy charts you can find on the site:
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 13
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 2
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 77
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2