Mar 21, 2013, 2:39 PM EDT
The group that hopes to build an NHL-caliber arena in the Toronto suburb of Markham has launched a website (gtacentre.ca) to promote its plans.
GTA Sports and Entertainment president and CEO Graeme Roustan says the website “provides us with a necessary platform to communicate the facts of the project as they become available.”
The arena project is a controversial one — particularly the part of the plan that has the city borrowing $325 million to construct the building, with no guarantee of an NHL team to play in it.
Here’s one of the fancy charts you can find on the site:
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5