Mar 21, 2013, 2:39 PM EST
The group that hopes to build an NHL-caliber arena in the Toronto suburb of Markham has launched a website (gtacentre.ca) to promote its plans.
GTA Sports and Entertainment president and CEO Graeme Roustan says the website “provides us with a necessary platform to communicate the facts of the project as they become available.”
The arena project is a controversial one — particularly the part of the plan that has the city borrowing $325 million to construct the building, with no guarantee of an NHL team to play in it.
Here’s one of the fancy charts you can find on the site:
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 6
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 0
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 23
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 33
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63