Mar 21, 2013, 2:39 PM EDT
The group that hopes to build an NHL-caliber arena in the Toronto suburb of Markham has launched a website (gtacentre.ca) to promote its plans.
GTA Sports and Entertainment president and CEO Graeme Roustan says the website “provides us with a necessary platform to communicate the facts of the project as they become available.”
The arena project is a controversial one — particularly the part of the plan that has the city borrowing $325 million to construct the building, with no guarantee of an NHL team to play in it.
Here’s one of the fancy charts you can find on the site:
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 0
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 13
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 19
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12