Mar 21, 2013, 9:39 AM EDT
Just two games after returning from a broken forearm, 29-year-old forward Joffrey Lupul might once again be forced out of the Toronto Maple Leafs’ lineup — this time for a very different reason.
The hearing is scheduled for 2:00 p.m. ET and will be conducted over the phone, according to TSN’s Bob McKenzie. Because it’s a telephone hearing, Lupul won’t be suspended for more than five games.
If you haven’t seen the hit in question, you can watch it below:
Hedman left the game, but was able to return before its conclusion.
Meanwhile Lupul, who was given a two-minute minor for his actions, argued that he didn’t “try and hit him in the head.”
Lupul has gotten off to a terrific start since returning from his forearm injury with three goals and four points in his last two games.
- Blackhawks nearly blow it…but don’t 1
- ‘Hawks rattle Rask with ‘way more traffic’ in Game 4 3
- Discuss: More Seabrook OT magic ties series 27
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 65
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 23
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 27
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12