Mar 21, 2013, 9:39 AM EST
Just two games after returning from a broken forearm, 29-year-old forward Joffrey Lupul might once again be forced out of the Toronto Maple Leafs’ lineup — this time for a very different reason.
The hearing is scheduled for 2:00 p.m. ET and will be conducted over the phone, according to TSN’s Bob McKenzie. Because it’s a telephone hearing, Lupul won’t be suspended for more than five games.
If you haven’t seen the hit in question, you can watch it below:
Hedman left the game, but was able to return before its conclusion.
Meanwhile Lupul, who was given a two-minute minor for his actions, argued that he didn’t “try and hit him in the head.”
Lupul has gotten off to a terrific start since returning from his forearm injury with three goals and four points in his last two games.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 41
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)