Mar 21, 2013, 9:39 AM EDT
Just two games after returning from a broken forearm, 29-year-old forward Joffrey Lupul might once again be forced out of the Toronto Maple Leafs’ lineup — this time for a very different reason.
The hearing is scheduled for 2:00 p.m. ET and will be conducted over the phone, according to TSN’s Bob McKenzie. Because it’s a telephone hearing, Lupul won’t be suspended for more than five games.
If you haven’t seen the hit in question, you can watch it below:
Hedman left the game, but was able to return before its conclusion.
Meanwhile Lupul, who was given a two-minute minor for his actions, argued that he didn’t “try and hit him in the head.”
Lupul has gotten off to a terrific start since returning from his forearm injury with three goals and four points in his last two games.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 59
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5