Mar 21, 2013, 9:39 AM EST
Just two games after returning from a broken forearm, 29-year-old forward Joffrey Lupul might once again be forced out of the Toronto Maple Leafs’ lineup — this time for a very different reason.
The hearing is scheduled for 2:00 p.m. ET and will be conducted over the phone, according to TSN’s Bob McKenzie. Because it’s a telephone hearing, Lupul won’t be suspended for more than five games.
If you haven’t seen the hit in question, you can watch it below:
Hedman left the game, but was able to return before its conclusion.
Meanwhile Lupul, who was given a two-minute minor for his actions, argued that he didn’t “try and hit him in the head.”
Lupul has gotten off to a terrific start since returning from his forearm injury with three goals and four points in his last two games.
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 1
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 3
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 4
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 55
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (56)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)