Mar 21, 2013, 9:39 AM EDT
Just two games after returning from a broken forearm, 29-year-old forward Joffrey Lupul might once again be forced out of the Toronto Maple Leafs’ lineup — this time for a very different reason.
The hearing is scheduled for 2:00 p.m. ET and will be conducted over the phone, according to TSN’s Bob McKenzie. Because it’s a telephone hearing, Lupul won’t be suspended for more than five games.
If you haven’t seen the hit in question, you can watch it below:
Hedman left the game, but was able to return before its conclusion.
Meanwhile Lupul, who was given a two-minute minor for his actions, argued that he didn’t “try and hit him in the head.”
Lupul has gotten off to a terrific start since returning from his forearm injury with three goals and four points in his last two games.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25