Mar 21, 2013, 12:46 PM EDT
What looked at first to be a serious injury may only end up costing David Krejci one missed game. (And a good deal of pain.)
According to Bruins coach Claude Julien, Krejci will play tonight in Ottawa “if he’s feeling good after warm-up.”
On Sunday, Krejci was hit in the leg by a shot from teammate Johnny Boychuk. The 26-year-old center had to be helped off the ice and did not return to the game. He then missed Tuesday’s 3-1 loss in Winnipeg.
Krejci is tied for second on the Bruins with 24 points.
Meanwhile, Boston has lost two straight games in regulation. The B’s haven’t gone three straight games without a win all season.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 24
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 17
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 56
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (56)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)