Mar 21, 2013, 11:35 AM EDT
The coach of one of the worst defensive teams in the NHL is angry at — surprise, surprise — his defensemen.
That team would be the Calgary Flames, who are coached by Bob Hartley.
“It’s disappointing,” said Hartley, per the Calgary Herald. “I exactly told them that — (T.J.) Brodie’s the only baby on our team. So to make rookie mistakes with only one baby on your team, the equation doesn’t work.
“The guys were good about it.
“But good in meetings is one thing. Good on the ice is another thing.”
The Flames are in Nashville tonight and Columbus tomorrow. Which is good timing for a team that’s struggling to keep the puck out of its own net, given the Predators have the second-worst offense in the NHL and the Blue Jackets have the worst.
Calgary sits 14th in the Western Conference, six points back of eighth-place San Jose.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 6
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 15
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 25
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)