Mar 21, 2013, 11:35 AM EST
The coach of one of the worst defensive teams in the NHL is angry at — surprise, surprise — his defensemen.
That team would be the Calgary Flames, who are coached by Bob Hartley.
“It’s disappointing,” said Hartley, per the Calgary Herald. “I exactly told them that — (T.J.) Brodie’s the only baby on our team. So to make rookie mistakes with only one baby on your team, the equation doesn’t work.
“The guys were good about it.
“But good in meetings is one thing. Good on the ice is another thing.”
The Flames are in Nashville tonight and Columbus tomorrow. Which is good timing for a team that’s struggling to keep the puck out of its own net, given the Predators have the second-worst offense in the NHL and the Blue Jackets have the worst.
Calgary sits 14th in the Western Conference, six points back of eighth-place San Jose.
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 12
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 27
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 30
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 6
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)