Mar 21, 2013, 11:35 AM EDT
The coach of one of the worst defensive teams in the NHL is angry at — surprise, surprise — his defensemen.
That team would be the Calgary Flames, who are coached by Bob Hartley.
“It’s disappointing,” said Hartley, per the Calgary Herald. “I exactly told them that — (T.J.) Brodie’s the only baby on our team. So to make rookie mistakes with only one baby on your team, the equation doesn’t work.
“The guys were good about it.
“But good in meetings is one thing. Good on the ice is another thing.”
The Flames are in Nashville tonight and Columbus tomorrow. Which is good timing for a team that’s struggling to keep the puck out of its own net, given the Predators have the second-worst offense in the NHL and the Blue Jackets have the worst.
Calgary sits 14th in the Western Conference, six points back of eighth-place San Jose.
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 0
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55