Mar 21, 2013, 11:35 AM EDT
The coach of one of the worst defensive teams in the NHL is angry at — surprise, surprise — his defensemen.
That team would be the Calgary Flames, who are coached by Bob Hartley.
“It’s disappointing,” said Hartley, per the Calgary Herald. “I exactly told them that — (T.J.) Brodie’s the only baby on our team. So to make rookie mistakes with only one baby on your team, the equation doesn’t work.
“The guys were good about it.
“But good in meetings is one thing. Good on the ice is another thing.”
The Flames are in Nashville tonight and Columbus tomorrow. Which is good timing for a team that’s struggling to keep the puck out of its own net, given the Predators have the second-worst offense in the NHL and the Blue Jackets have the worst.
Calgary sits 14th in the Western Conference, six points back of eighth-place San Jose.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 11
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 15
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 12
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5