Mar 21, 2013, 11:35 AM EDT
The coach of one of the worst defensive teams in the NHL is angry at — surprise, surprise — his defensemen.
That team would be the Calgary Flames, who are coached by Bob Hartley.
“It’s disappointing,” said Hartley, per the Calgary Herald. “I exactly told them that — (T.J.) Brodie’s the only baby on our team. So to make rookie mistakes with only one baby on your team, the equation doesn’t work.
“The guys were good about it.
“But good in meetings is one thing. Good on the ice is another thing.”
The Flames are in Nashville tonight and Columbus tomorrow. Which is good timing for a team that’s struggling to keep the puck out of its own net, given the Predators have the second-worst offense in the NHL and the Blue Jackets have the worst.
Calgary sits 14th in the Western Conference, six points back of eighth-place San Jose.
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 30
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 23
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 20
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 48
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 33
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 27
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 46
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)