Mar 21, 2013, 1:05 PM EDT
The New York Islanders have announced that Michael Grabner (shoulder) has been activated off injured reserve and will be in the lineup for tonight’s game against Montreal.
Grabner, 25, has missed the last three games after suffering a shoulder injury during a 6-1 loss to Pittsburgh on Mar. 10, and the Isles will be glad to get him back in the lineup.
The Austrian speedster currently sits third on the team in goals, with 10, and sixth in points (13). He’s also second among all forwards in shorthanded time on ice per game and has emerged as one of the club’s top penalty killers.
In addition to Grabner, the Isles will also return defenseman Matt Carkner tonight. Carkner has been sidelined since Feb. 5 with a lower-body ailment and has only appeared in nine games this season.
The Isles also announced that Kevin Poulin would get the start in goal. Poulin, 22, hasn’t started a game since Feb. 24, though he did get a period of relief action in the aforementioned loss to Pittsburgh.
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 0
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 3
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 9
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 8
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 17
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 13
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Snider: Patience is ‘great with the kids,’ but not with ‘the team we have on the ice’ 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Asst. GM Guerin admits Penguins need to lay off the refs (51)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)