Mar 21, 2013, 1:05 PM EST
The New York Islanders have announced that Michael Grabner (shoulder) has been activated off injured reserve and will be in the lineup for tonight’s game against Montreal.
Grabner, 25, has missed the last three games after suffering a shoulder injury during a 6-1 loss to Pittsburgh on Mar. 10, and the Isles will be glad to get him back in the lineup.
The Austrian speedster currently sits third on the team in goals, with 10, and sixth in points (13). He’s also second among all forwards in shorthanded time on ice per game and has emerged as one of the club’s top penalty killers.
In addition to Grabner, the Isles will also return defenseman Matt Carkner tonight. Carkner has been sidelined since Feb. 5 with a lower-body ailment and has only appeared in nine games this season.
The Isles also announced that Kevin Poulin would get the start in goal. Poulin, 22, hasn’t started a game since Feb. 24, though he did get a period of relief action in the aforementioned loss to Pittsburgh.
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 13
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 76
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 4
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 88
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (88)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (86)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)