Mar 21, 2013, 1:05 PM EDT
The New York Islanders have announced that Michael Grabner (shoulder) has been activated off injured reserve and will be in the lineup for tonight’s game against Montreal.
Grabner, 25, has missed the last three games after suffering a shoulder injury during a 6-1 loss to Pittsburgh on Mar. 10, and the Isles will be glad to get him back in the lineup.
The Austrian speedster currently sits third on the team in goals, with 10, and sixth in points (13). He’s also second among all forwards in shorthanded time on ice per game and has emerged as one of the club’s top penalty killers.
In addition to Grabner, the Isles will also return defenseman Matt Carkner tonight. Carkner has been sidelined since Feb. 5 with a lower-body ailment and has only appeared in nine games this season.
The Isles also announced that Kevin Poulin would get the start in goal. Poulin, 22, hasn’t started a game since Feb. 24, though he did get a period of relief action in the aforementioned loss to Pittsburgh.
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 25
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 26
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 12
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)