Mar 21, 2013, 1:05 PM EDT
The New York Islanders have announced that Michael Grabner (shoulder) has been activated off injured reserve and will be in the lineup for tonight’s game against Montreal.
Grabner, 25, has missed the last three games after suffering a shoulder injury during a 6-1 loss to Pittsburgh on Mar. 10, and the Isles will be glad to get him back in the lineup.
The Austrian speedster currently sits third on the team in goals, with 10, and sixth in points (13). He’s also second among all forwards in shorthanded time on ice per game and has emerged as one of the club’s top penalty killers.
In addition to Grabner, the Isles will also return defenseman Matt Carkner tonight. Carkner has been sidelined since Feb. 5 with a lower-body ailment and has only appeared in nine games this season.
The Isles also announced that Kevin Poulin would get the start in goal. Poulin, 22, hasn’t started a game since Feb. 24, though he did get a period of relief action in the aforementioned loss to Pittsburgh.
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Capitals 3
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 47
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 24
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 21
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 8
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 43
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 28
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 29
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (76)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)