Mar 21, 2013, 1:05 PM EDT
The New York Islanders have announced that Michael Grabner (shoulder) has been activated off injured reserve and will be in the lineup for tonight’s game against Montreal.
Grabner, 25, has missed the last three games after suffering a shoulder injury during a 6-1 loss to Pittsburgh on Mar. 10, and the Isles will be glad to get him back in the lineup.
The Austrian speedster currently sits third on the team in goals, with 10, and sixth in points (13). He’s also second among all forwards in shorthanded time on ice per game and has emerged as one of the club’s top penalty killers.
In addition to Grabner, the Isles will also return defenseman Matt Carkner tonight. Carkner has been sidelined since Feb. 5 with a lower-body ailment and has only appeared in nine games this season.
The Isles also announced that Kevin Poulin would get the start in goal. Poulin, 22, hasn’t started a game since Feb. 24, though he did get a period of relief action in the aforementioned loss to Pittsburgh.
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 4
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 0
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 51
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (51)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)