Mar 21, 2013, 3:14 PM EDT
Injured Penguins defenseman Kris Letang skated for three quarters of an hour this morning (47 minutes, to be exact); however, he didn’t practice with teammates and it’s not clear if he’ll be able to play tomorrow against the Islanders.
The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports that Letang “focused mostly on testing his injury, including drills that featured lateral movement and backwards turns,” but that the 25-year-old “appeared to be in slight discomfort” occasionally.
Letang left Sunday’s game versus Boston with a lower-body injury, which the paper presumes to be a groin issue.
Here’s video of “Kristopher’s” last shift:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Letang missed Tuesday’s 2-1 win over Washington — a victory that pushed his club’s winning streak to 10 games.
In other Penguins injury news, Evgeni Malkin (upper-body) practiced with teammates. Like Letang, it’s not known if he’ll be ready to go Friday.
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 42
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 25
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 45
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 39
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)