Mar 21, 2013, 3:14 PM EDT
Injured Penguins defenseman Kris Letang skated for three quarters of an hour this morning (47 minutes, to be exact); however, he didn’t practice with teammates and it’s not clear if he’ll be able to play tomorrow against the Islanders.
The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports that Letang “focused mostly on testing his injury, including drills that featured lateral movement and backwards turns,” but that the 25-year-old “appeared to be in slight discomfort” occasionally.
Letang left Sunday’s game versus Boston with a lower-body injury, which the paper presumes to be a groin issue.
Here’s video of “Kristopher’s” last shift:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Letang missed Tuesday’s 2-1 win over Washington — a victory that pushed his club’s winning streak to 10 games.
In other Penguins injury news, Evgeni Malkin (upper-body) practiced with teammates. Like Letang, it’s not known if he’ll be ready to go Friday.
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 3
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 5
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 35
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 23
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 66
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 53
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (66)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)