Mar 21, 2013, 3:14 PM EDT
Injured Penguins defenseman Kris Letang skated for three quarters of an hour this morning (47 minutes, to be exact); however, he didn’t practice with teammates and it’s not clear if he’ll be able to play tomorrow against the Islanders.
The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports that Letang “focused mostly on testing his injury, including drills that featured lateral movement and backwards turns,” but that the 25-year-old “appeared to be in slight discomfort” occasionally.
Letang left Sunday’s game versus Boston with a lower-body injury, which the paper presumes to be a groin issue.
Here’s video of “Kristopher’s” last shift:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Letang missed Tuesday’s 2-1 win over Washington — a victory that pushed his club’s winning streak to 10 games.
In other Penguins injury news, Evgeni Malkin (upper-body) practiced with teammates. Like Letang, it’s not known if he’ll be ready to go Friday.
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 6
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 4
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 14
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 34
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)