Mar 21, 2013, 3:14 PM EST
Injured Penguins defenseman Kris Letang skated for three quarters of an hour this morning (47 minutes, to be exact); however, he didn’t practice with teammates and it’s not clear if he’ll be able to play tomorrow against the Islanders.
The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports that Letang “focused mostly on testing his injury, including drills that featured lateral movement and backwards turns,” but that the 25-year-old “appeared to be in slight discomfort” occasionally.
Letang left Sunday’s game versus Boston with a lower-body injury, which the paper presumes to be a groin issue.
Here’s video of “Kristopher’s” last shift:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Letang missed Tuesday’s 2-1 win over Washington — a victory that pushed his club’s winning streak to 10 games.
In other Penguins injury news, Evgeni Malkin (upper-body) practiced with teammates. Like Letang, it’s not known if he’ll be ready to go Friday.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 41
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (43)