Mar 21, 2013, 3:14 PM EDT
Injured Penguins defenseman Kris Letang skated for three quarters of an hour this morning (47 minutes, to be exact); however, he didn’t practice with teammates and it’s not clear if he’ll be able to play tomorrow against the Islanders.
The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports that Letang “focused mostly on testing his injury, including drills that featured lateral movement and backwards turns,” but that the 25-year-old “appeared to be in slight discomfort” occasionally.
Letang left Sunday’s game versus Boston with a lower-body injury, which the paper presumes to be a groin issue.
Here’s video of “Kristopher’s” last shift:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Letang missed Tuesday’s 2-1 win over Washington — a victory that pushed his club’s winning streak to 10 games.
In other Penguins injury news, Evgeni Malkin (upper-body) practiced with teammates. Like Letang, it’s not known if he’ll be ready to go Friday.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (159)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)