Mar 21, 2013, 12:12 AM EDT
Attendance for tonight’s Anaheim Ducks-Chicago Blackhawks game hit 17, 610 fans, including standing room.
That makes it the largest crowd in Ducks franchise history, according to a tweet from the team’s official Twitter account.
The Ducks were hosting the Blackhawks in a battle of the two best teams in the Western Conference.
The Blackhawks lead the conference with a 24-2-3 record. The Ducks came into the game five points back, with a 21-3-4 record.
It’s interesting the Ducks would hit that attendance mark in the regular season, considering they clinched the 2007 Stanley Cup on home ice.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 4
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 22
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5