Mar 21, 2013, 12:45 AM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks trailed the Chicago Blackhawks for the better part of Wednesday’s battle between the Western Conference’s two best teams.
But it was the Ducks that came away victorious, scoring three times in the final six minutes of the third period to record a 4-2 win over the visiting Blackhawks.
Teemu Selanne, at the youthful age of 42, scored the winning goal.
The game was the showcase event of the evening. The Blackhawks and Ducks are the top two teams in the Western Conference.
The Blackhawks came into the game with a 24-2-3 record, while the Ducks weren’t far back with a 21-3-4 record.
The Ducks have won eight of their last 11 games, as well.
The Ducks also set a franchise record for attendance, with 17,610 fans, including standing-room only.
May 23, 2013, 8:43 PM EDT
*Insert slipping on banana peel sound effect*
May 23, 2013, 8:26 PM EDT
Mike Milbury isn’t totally certain.
May 23, 2013, 7:41 PM EDT
Limited to one joke regarding that Jeremy Roenick quip.
May 23, 2013, 7:03 PM EDT
Boston’s lineup stays the same as the first three contests.
May 23, 2013, 6:19 PM EDT
Gotta pay Zach Parise and Ryan Suter somehow, huh?
May 23, 2013, 4:55 PM EDT
“The L.A. Kings were a game away from missing the playoffs, and now suddenly they’re the template for everything good in hockey, and I don’t think that’s the case.”
May 23, 2013, 4:55 PM EDT
Franchise legend returns, nearly 10 years after retirement.
May 23, 2013, 4:47 PM EDT
Torey Krug, Dougie Hamilton (and Matt Bartkowski) all expected to stick.
May 23, 2013, 3:49 PM EDT
Shutting down the Blackhawks will do that.
May 23, 2013, 3:30 PM EDT
But Drew Doughty says Galiardi is the biggest diver on the Sharks, so there.
May 23, 2013, 3:00 PM EDT
For a headshot on Flyers prospect Taylor Leier.
May 23, 2013, 2:48 PM EDT
Good news for Phoenix hockey fans? (Or just…news.)
May 23, 2013, 2:34 PM EDT
“You don’t win a Stanley Cup without going through something like that.”
May 23, 2013, 2:07 PM EDT
It’s not pretty.
May 23, 2013, 2:01 PM EDT
What happens to the coach if the Rangers get swept tonight?
May 23, 2013, 1:24 PM EDT
When asked if Ottawa could come back from a 3-1 series deficit against Pittsburgh, he said “probably not.”
May 23, 2013, 12:56 PM EDT
“That’s the way he plays.”
May 23, 2013, 12:21 PM EDT
It would cost them $24 million over 14 years.
May 23, 2013, 11:36 AM EDT
Cue the buyout speculation.
May 23, 2013, 11:34 AM EDT
Will he be challenging Ryan Miller for it?
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 1
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 37
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 36
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 25
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 35
- Don Cherry: Canucks GM Gillis threw coaches ‘under the bus’ 27
- Playoffs Tonight: Bruins know series vs Rangers isn’t over 20
- Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series 21
- Discuss: Penguins overwhelm Senators to take Game 4 79
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting 112
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (112)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Watch LIVE: Bruins-Rangers
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks look to even series with Red Wings
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1