Mar 21, 2013, 12:45 AM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks trailed the Chicago Blackhawks for the better part of Wednesday’s battle between the Western Conference’s two best teams.
But it was the Ducks that came away victorious, scoring three times in the final six minutes of the third period to record a 4-2 win over the visiting Blackhawks.
Teemu Selanne, at the youthful age of 42, scored the winning goal.
The game was the showcase event of the evening. The Blackhawks and Ducks are the top two teams in the Western Conference.
The Blackhawks came into the game with a 24-2-3 record, while the Ducks weren’t far back with a 21-3-4 record.
The Ducks have won eight of their last 11 games, as well.
The Ducks also set a franchise record for attendance, with 17,610 fans, including standing-room only.
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 11
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 13
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 10
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 21
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 56
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 88
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (88)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call (64)
- Live Extra: Watch Sharks-Kings, Game 4
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner
- Andy Murray out of French Open due to back injury
- PFT: Woodson returns to Raiders for up to $4.3M
- Play Video: Are the Red Wings a true contender?
- Play Video: Chara bleeds after being struck by high-stick
- Play Video: Time to play Pucktionary
- Play Video: Roenick not happy with call against Blackhawks in Game 3
- Play Video: Must-win Game 3 at MSG
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings top Blackhawks in Game 3