Mar 21, 2013, 9:47 PM EDT
The Devils finished that first period up 1-0 thanks to that flukey score despite the fact that the Hurricanes out-shot them 11-5. Carolina managed just seven shots on goal in the next two periods, yet the lowest point likely came with about a minute left, as goalie Dan Ellis left the game with what looked like a cut on his leg.
(Replays indicate that he might have cut himself with his own skate, which might serve as another metaphor for the Hurricanes’ plight.)
Overall, the Hurricanes are on a five-game losing streak and might be without their top two goalies if Ellis’ issue is anywhere near as bad as Cam Ward‘s problems.
Either way, it was a rough Thursday for Carolina, who at least get a break as the team’s next game comes on Tuesday against the Winnipeg Jets.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 48
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)