Mar 21, 2013, 12:17 PM EDT
Canucks winger David Booth has a high ankle sprain, according to his agent, Mike Liut. It could be two weeks, or it could be two months, until Booth is healthy again.
Liut provided the injury update to News 1130 in Vancouver.
Booth was hurt in Saturday’s 5-2 loss to Detroit at Rogers Arena. The Canucks said Monday that he’ll be out “indefinitely.”
It’s been a frustrating year for Booth. The 28-year-old missed the start of the season with a groin injury and has only managed one goal, an empty-netter, in 12 games.
The Canucks play the Coyotes in Glendale tonight.
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 16
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)