Mar 21, 2013, 12:17 PM EDT
Canucks winger David Booth has a high ankle sprain, according to his agent, Mike Liut. It could be two weeks, or it could be two months, until Booth is healthy again.
Liut provided the injury update to News 1130 in Vancouver.
Booth was hurt in Saturday’s 5-2 loss to Detroit at Rogers Arena. The Canucks said Monday that he’ll be out “indefinitely.”
It’s been a frustrating year for Booth. The 28-year-old missed the start of the season with a groin injury and has only managed one goal, an empty-netter, in 12 games.
The Canucks play the Coyotes in Glendale tonight.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39