Mar 21, 2013, 12:17 PM EDT
Canucks winger David Booth has a high ankle sprain, according to his agent, Mike Liut. It could be two weeks, or it could be two months, until Booth is healthy again.
Liut provided the injury update to News 1130 in Vancouver.
Booth was hurt in Saturday’s 5-2 loss to Detroit at Rogers Arena. The Canucks said Monday that he’ll be out “indefinitely.”
It’s been a frustrating year for Booth. The 28-year-old missed the start of the season with a groin injury and has only managed one goal, an empty-netter, in 12 games.
The Canucks play the Coyotes in Glendale tonight.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 75
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 33
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (94)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (76)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)