Mar 21, 2013, 12:17 PM EDT
Canucks winger David Booth has a high ankle sprain, according to his agent, Mike Liut. It could be two weeks, or it could be two months, until Booth is healthy again.
Liut provided the injury update to News 1130 in Vancouver.
Booth was hurt in Saturday’s 5-2 loss to Detroit at Rogers Arena. The Canucks said Monday that he’ll be out “indefinitely.”
It’s been a frustrating year for Booth. The 28-year-old missed the start of the season with a groin injury and has only managed one goal, an empty-netter, in 12 games.
The Canucks play the Coyotes in Glendale tonight.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 11
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 56
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (62)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)