Mar 21, 2013, 12:17 PM EDT
Canucks winger David Booth has a high ankle sprain, according to his agent, Mike Liut. It could be two weeks, or it could be two months, until Booth is healthy again.
Liut provided the injury update to News 1130 in Vancouver.
Booth was hurt in Saturday’s 5-2 loss to Detroit at Rogers Arena. The Canucks said Monday that he’ll be out “indefinitely.”
It’s been a frustrating year for Booth. The 28-year-old missed the start of the season with a groin injury and has only managed one goal, an empty-netter, in 12 games.
The Canucks play the Coyotes in Glendale tonight.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 46
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 8
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)