Mar 20, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
Just in case you had any doubts, the Minnesota Wild won’t be trading Niklas Backstrom or Matt Cullen, even though the 35-year-old goalie and 36-year-old forward, respectively, are pending unrestricted free agents.
“Oh God, no,” general manager Chuck Fletcher said, per the Star Tribune. “Backy’s been outstanding. He’s our No. 1 goalie. Cullen’s been a big part of our team. That’s the type of guy every team in the league wants to add for a playoff run.”
It doesn’t sound like Fletcher is planning to be a major player leading up to the April 3 trade deadline.
The way the Wild are playing — 10 wins in their last 14 games, vaulting them into first place in the Northwest Division — he might not want to mess with success.
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? 33
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 16
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 14
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 35
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 58
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 93
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead