Mar 20, 2013, 10:47 AM EST
Just in case you had any doubts, the Minnesota Wild won’t be trading Niklas Backstrom or Matt Cullen, even though the 35-year-old goalie and 36-year-old forward, respectively, are pending unrestricted free agents.
“Oh God, no,” general manager Chuck Fletcher said, per the Star Tribune. “Backy’s been outstanding. He’s our No. 1 goalie. Cullen’s been a big part of our team. That’s the type of guy every team in the league wants to add for a playoff run.”
It doesn’t sound like Fletcher is planning to be a major player leading up to the April 3 trade deadline.
The way the Wild are playing — 10 wins in their last 14 games, vaulting them into first place in the Northwest Division — he might not want to mess with success.
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 7
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 3
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 9
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 20
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56
- Eakins calls for patience in Edmonton, whether fans ‘like it or not’ 15