Mar 20, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
Just in case you had any doubts, the Minnesota Wild won’t be trading Niklas Backstrom or Matt Cullen, even though the 35-year-old goalie and 36-year-old forward, respectively, are pending unrestricted free agents.
“Oh God, no,” general manager Chuck Fletcher said, per the Star Tribune. “Backy’s been outstanding. He’s our No. 1 goalie. Cullen’s been a big part of our team. That’s the type of guy every team in the league wants to add for a playoff run.”
It doesn’t sound like Fletcher is planning to be a major player leading up to the April 3 trade deadline.
The way the Wild are playing — 10 wins in their last 14 games, vaulting them into first place in the Northwest Division — he might not want to mess with success.
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 21
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day on PHT 11