Mar 20, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
Just in case you had any doubts, the Minnesota Wild won’t be trading Niklas Backstrom or Matt Cullen, even though the 35-year-old goalie and 36-year-old forward, respectively, are pending unrestricted free agents.
“Oh God, no,” general manager Chuck Fletcher said, per the Star Tribune. “Backy’s been outstanding. He’s our No. 1 goalie. Cullen’s been a big part of our team. That’s the type of guy every team in the league wants to add for a playoff run.”
It doesn’t sound like Fletcher is planning to be a major player leading up to the April 3 trade deadline.
The way the Wild are playing — 10 wins in their last 14 games, vaulting them into first place in the Northwest Division — he might not want to mess with success.
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 2
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 66
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)