Mar 20, 2013, 10:56 PM EST
Can Toronto Maple Leafs forward Joffrey Lupul be expecting a call from the NHL’s Department of Player Safety?
Lupul was penalized for an illegal check to the head of Tampa Bay Lightning defenseman Victor Hedman early in the third period of Wednesday’s game.
Lupul, who had a goal and an assist and was named the game’s second star in the win, was assessed a minor penalty on the play.
Hedman was forced to leave the game briefly and went to the Tampa Bay dressing room, but did return, according to NHL.com.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 5
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 6
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 3
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8