Mar 20, 2013, 10:56 PM EST
Can Toronto Maple Leafs forward Joffrey Lupul be expecting a call from the NHL’s Department of Player Safety?
Lupul was penalized for an illegal check to the head of Tampa Bay Lightning defenseman Victor Hedman early in the third period of Wednesday’s game.
Lupul, who had a goal and an assist and was named the game’s second star in the win, was assessed a minor penalty on the play.
Hedman was forced to leave the game briefly and went to the Tampa Bay dressing room, but did return, according to NHL.com.
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 18
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 48
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 0
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 4
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 39
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)