Mar 20, 2013, 10:56 PM EDT
Can Toronto Maple Leafs forward Joffrey Lupul be expecting a call from the NHL’s Department of Player Safety?
Lupul was penalized for an illegal check to the head of Tampa Bay Lightning defenseman Victor Hedman early in the third period of Wednesday’s game.
Lupul, who had a goal and an assist and was named the game’s second star in the win, was assessed a minor penalty on the play.
Hedman was forced to leave the game briefly and went to the Tampa Bay dressing room, but did return, according to NHL.com.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (85)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)