Mar 20, 2013, 10:56 PM EDT
Can Toronto Maple Leafs forward Joffrey Lupul be expecting a call from the NHL’s Department of Player Safety?
Lupul was penalized for an illegal check to the head of Tampa Bay Lightning defenseman Victor Hedman early in the third period of Wednesday’s game.
Lupul, who had a goal and an assist and was named the game’s second star in the win, was assessed a minor penalty on the play.
Hedman was forced to leave the game briefly and went to the Tampa Bay dressing room, but did return, according to NHL.com.
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 14
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 15
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 13
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 22
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 37
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)