Mar 20, 2013, 10:56 PM EDT
Can Toronto Maple Leafs forward Joffrey Lupul be expecting a call from the NHL’s Department of Player Safety?
Lupul was penalized for an illegal check to the head of Tampa Bay Lightning defenseman Victor Hedman early in the third period of Wednesday’s game.
Lupul, who had a goal and an assist and was named the game’s second star in the win, was assessed a minor penalty on the play.
Hedman was forced to leave the game briefly and went to the Tampa Bay dressing room, but did return, according to NHL.com.
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 33
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 17
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 47
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)