Mar 20, 2013, 11:20 PM EDT
Thomas Vanek has provided one of the few bright spots for the Buffalo Sabres this season, but there are question marks surrounding his short-term health.
According to the Associated Press, Vanek missed Wednesday’s practice and is questionable for tomorrow’s game against the Toronto Maple Leafs. He is listed as day-to-day after leaving Tuesday’s game against the Montreal Canadiens when he was hit with a shot off the stick of teammate Christian Ehrhoff.
Vanek leads the Sabres in scoring with 14 goals and 31 points in 27 games.
The Sabres, coming off a 3-2 overtime win over the Canadiens, are 13th in the Eastern Conference and six points out of a playoff spot.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 21
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 23
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 94
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5