Mar 20, 2013, 11:20 PM EDT
Thomas Vanek has provided one of the few bright spots for the Buffalo Sabres this season, but there are question marks surrounding his short-term health.
According to the Associated Press, Vanek missed Wednesday’s practice and is questionable for tomorrow’s game against the Toronto Maple Leafs. He is listed as day-to-day after leaving Tuesday’s game against the Montreal Canadiens when he was hit with a shot off the stick of teammate Christian Ehrhoff.
Vanek leads the Sabres in scoring with 14 goals and 31 points in 27 games.
The Sabres, coming off a 3-2 overtime win over the Canadiens, are 13th in the Eastern Conference and six points out of a playoff spot.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 0
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 15
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 30
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)