Mar 20, 2013, 11:20 PM EDT
Thomas Vanek has provided one of the few bright spots for the Buffalo Sabres this season, but there are question marks surrounding his short-term health.
According to the Associated Press, Vanek missed Wednesday’s practice and is questionable for tomorrow’s game against the Toronto Maple Leafs. He is listed as day-to-day after leaving Tuesday’s game against the Montreal Canadiens when he was hit with a shot off the stick of teammate Christian Ehrhoff.
Vanek leads the Sabres in scoring with 14 goals and 31 points in 27 games.
The Sabres, coming off a 3-2 overtime win over the Canadiens, are 13th in the Eastern Conference and six points out of a playoff spot.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)