Mar 20, 2013, 11:20 PM EST
Thomas Vanek has provided one of the few bright spots for the Buffalo Sabres this season, but there are question marks surrounding his short-term health.
According to the Associated Press, Vanek missed Wednesday’s practice and is questionable for tomorrow’s game against the Toronto Maple Leafs. He is listed as day-to-day after leaving Tuesday’s game against the Montreal Canadiens when he was hit with a shot off the stick of teammate Christian Ehrhoff.
Vanek leads the Sabres in scoring with 14 goals and 31 points in 27 games.
The Sabres, coming off a 3-2 overtime win over the Canadiens, are 13th in the Eastern Conference and six points out of a playoff spot.
- Luongo leaves game, Panthers nearly run out of goalies 1
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 47
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 22
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)