Mar 20, 2013, 5:25 PM EDT
New York Rangers president and general manager Glen Sather will undergo surgery for prostate cancer Thursday, according to Newsday.
Sources tell the paper that Sather, 69, will be in the hospital for a few days but should be able to resume his normal duties shortly.
“Almost all of Glen’s business is done on the phone anyway,” one source said. “He just doesn’t want anybody to make a fuss over him.”
Assistant GM Jeff Gorton represented the club at today’s meetings in Toronto.
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 2
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 14
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 15
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9