Mar 20, 2013, 12:35 PM EST
According to TSN, Komisarek will either join a new NHL team, or should he remain unclaimed, report to the AHL Marlies.
Bet on the latter.
Then bet on a compliance buyout this offseason.
Komisarek has one year remaining on a contract that will pay him $3.5 million in 2013-14, with a cap hit of $4.5 million. He’s only played four games for the Leafs this season, registering no points and a plus-2 rating.
A tough, stay-at-home defenseman, Komisarek joined the Leafs in 2009 after an All-Star season with the Canadiens. At the time, he was heralded by new Toronto general manager Brian Burke for “his hard-nosed approach.”
Burke was intent on making the Leafs tougher to play against, but Komisarek never really found his footing and struggled to stay healthy.
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 1
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 3
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 4
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 55
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (57)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)