Mar 20, 2013, 2:54 PM EDT
The New York Rangers have recalled forward Chris Kreider from AHL Connecticut.
Based on what coach John Tortorealla said recently, the decision to bring Kreider back up again won’t have been made lightly.
“We don’t want to keep on knee jerking him back and forth, we want to make sure if we do (call him up), we feel he’s ready to play,” Tortorella said.
Kreider, 21, has already played 11 games for the Rangers this season, scoring once and adding an assist. But like many young players, he’s struggled with consistency at the NHL level.
Winners of two straight, the Rangers host Florida Thursday.
- WATCH LIVE: Philadelphia Flyers at New York Rangers (Game 1) 0
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 23
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 36
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 111
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 12
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 63
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79