Mar 20, 2013, 3:27 PM EDT
The ballyhooed matchup between the NHL’s top two clubs will be without another important player.
‘Hawks head coach Joel Quenneville told reporters following the morning skate that Hossa is out with an upper-body injury and is considered day-to-day.
Dan Carcillo will take Hossa’s place in the lineup. Carcillo hasn’t played since a 6-5 loss to Edmonton on Mar. 10.
According to Chris Kuc of the Chicago Tribune, Hossa didn’t participate in the morning skate due to an upper-body injury suffered during Monday’s 5-2 win over Colorado.
Hossa suffered the injury during the first period of Monday’s game on a hit by Avs defenseman Ryan O’Byrne.
The 33-year-old left the contest and didn’t return, and the ‘Hawks were their usual tight-lipped selves when it came to discussing the injury.
“It’s not bad,” Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville told ESPN Chicago. “We’ll see.”
The Hossa injury situation has been a curious on this season.
Despite suffering a season-ending concussion in last year’s playoffs, Hossa was surprised to learn there are whispers of potential concussion-related issues whenever he misses a game with an upper-body injury.
(Whispers fueled by the fact Chicago never provides details about his ailment.)
“That’s what they’re saying?” Hossa said after missing a game with an upper-body injury on Mar. 6, per the Chicago Sun-Times. “I never thought about it.
“That’s news to me.”
Oct 23, 2014, 2:13 AM EDT
Meanwhile, Buffalo scored!
Oct 23, 2014, 1:19 AM EDT
Pretty good chance for three straight.
Oct 23, 2014, 12:23 AM EDT
He was injured on Oct. 16.
Oct 22, 2014, 11:49 PM EDT
No. 8 was having a bit of a difficult night.
Oct 22, 2014, 11:25 PM EDT
Oct 22, 2014, 11:08 PM EDT
Big win for Philly after getting beat bad in Chicago on Tuesday.
Oct 22, 2014, 10:19 PM EDT
Last shift came in the first period.
Oct 22, 2014, 10:13 PM EDT
Oct 22, 2014, 9:48 PM EDT
Little bit of history here.
Oct 22, 2014, 9:19 PM EDT
Milbury doesn’t understand why the Pens would extend him.
Oct 22, 2014, 8:32 PM EDT
Tremendous gesture from the Penguins organization.
Oct 22, 2014, 8:17 PM EDT
NHL Insider joined Kathryn Tappen live in studio.
Oct 22, 2014, 7:45 PM EDT
Blueliner’s had zero luck in the health department.
Oct 22, 2014, 7:22 PM EDT
Two teams that, how should we say, care not for one another.
Oct 22, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
“We had no choice but to.”
Oct 22, 2014, 6:21 PM EDT
He won’t travel with the club for its upcoming three-game road swing through Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver.
Oct 22, 2014, 5:25 PM EDT
Charles Wang remains in charge until then.
Oct 22, 2014, 5:22 PM EDT
Worth a reported $16 million.
Oct 22, 2014, 5:11 PM EDT
Not clear yet if charges will be filed.
Oct 22, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
More tough luck.
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 12
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 6
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 34
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)