Mar 20, 2013, 3:27 PM EDT
The ballyhooed matchup between the NHL’s top two clubs will be without another important player.
‘Hawks head coach Joel Quenneville told reporters following the morning skate that Hossa is out with an upper-body injury and is considered day-to-day.
Dan Carcillo will take Hossa’s place in the lineup. Carcillo hasn’t played since a 6-5 loss to Edmonton on Mar. 10.
According to Chris Kuc of the Chicago Tribune, Hossa didn’t participate in the morning skate due to an upper-body injury suffered during Monday’s 5-2 win over Colorado.
Hossa suffered the injury during the first period of Monday’s game on a hit by Avs defenseman Ryan O’Byrne.
The 33-year-old left the contest and didn’t return, and the ‘Hawks were their usual tight-lipped selves when it came to discussing the injury.
“It’s not bad,” Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville told ESPN Chicago. “We’ll see.”
The Hossa injury situation has been a curious on this season.
Despite suffering a season-ending concussion in last year’s playoffs, Hossa was surprised to learn there are whispers of potential concussion-related issues whenever he misses a game with an upper-body injury.
(Whispers fueled by the fact Chicago never provides details about his ailment.)
“That’s what they’re saying?” Hossa said after missing a game with an upper-body injury on Mar. 6, per the Chicago Sun-Times. “I never thought about it.
“That’s news to me.”
Mar 27, 2015, 9:17 PM EDT
Plenty of goals in the first period.
Mar 27, 2015, 8:47 PM EDT
The club says he’s expected to make a full recovery.
Mar 27, 2015, 8:00 PM EDT
New York plays twice this weekend.
Mar 27, 2015, 7:15 PM EDT
They play in Philadelphia on Saturday.
Mar 27, 2015, 6:24 PM EDT
Hasn’t played since Feb. 24.
Mar 27, 2015, 5:25 PM EDT
Terriers move one step closer to the Frozen Four.
Mar 27, 2015, 5:01 PM EDT
“In the middle of the ice in our system, it’s a lot of work.”
Mar 27, 2015, 4:34 PM EDT
And, quite possibly, for the remainder of the season.
Mar 27, 2015, 4:06 PM EDT
Nail-biting time for Bruins fans.
Mar 27, 2015, 3:35 PM EDT
Joins Pavel Datsyuk and Erik Cole on the shelf.
Mar 27, 2015, 2:33 PM EDT
Mar 27, 2015, 2:23 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Mar 27, 2015, 2:05 PM EDT
26-15-5 in their last 46 games.
Mar 27, 2015, 12:36 PM EDT
Washington sophomore now $2,000 lighter in the pocket.
Mar 27, 2015, 12:36 PM EDT
Vancouver laid another egg last night versus the Avs.
Mar 27, 2015, 12:29 PM EDT
Because things aren’t trending in a good direction for him.
Mar 27, 2015, 11:59 AM EDT
Three straight road wins has the Kings looking postseason-bound.
Mar 27, 2015, 11:12 AM EDT
“We’re on the course that we set two months ago when we made the decision that Ells was going to be the guy, and we’re not changing that course.”
Mar 27, 2015, 10:55 AM EDT
Red Wings host the Sharks tomorrow.
Mar 27, 2015, 10:49 AM EDT
Russian sophomore has missed nearly the entire season with a hip ailment.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 5
- Five big games to watch this weekend 6
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 32
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 28
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 35
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 14
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 54
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (54)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)