Mar 20, 2013, 3:27 PM EDT
The ballyhooed matchup between the NHL’s top two clubs will be without another important player.
‘Hawks head coach Joel Quenneville told reporters following the morning skate that Hossa is out with an upper-body injury and is considered day-to-day.
Dan Carcillo will take Hossa’s place in the lineup. Carcillo hasn’t played since a 6-5 loss to Edmonton on Mar. 10.
According to Chris Kuc of the Chicago Tribune, Hossa didn’t participate in the morning skate due to an upper-body injury suffered during Monday’s 5-2 win over Colorado.
Hossa suffered the injury during the first period of Monday’s game on a hit by Avs defenseman Ryan O’Byrne.
The 33-year-old left the contest and didn’t return, and the ‘Hawks were their usual tight-lipped selves when it came to discussing the injury.
“It’s not bad,” Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville told ESPN Chicago. “We’ll see.”
The Hossa injury situation has been a curious on this season.
Despite suffering a season-ending concussion in last year’s playoffs, Hossa was surprised to learn there are whispers of potential concussion-related issues whenever he misses a game with an upper-body injury.
(Whispers fueled by the fact Chicago never provides details about his ailment.)
“That’s what they’re saying?” Hossa said after missing a game with an upper-body injury on Mar. 6, per the Chicago Sun-Times. “I never thought about it.
“That’s news to me.”
Apr 26, 2015, 12:07 AM EDT
Another big rally at the Saddledome.
Apr 25, 2015, 11:03 PM EDT
A six-game series that felt like (at least) seven.
Apr 25, 2015, 10:31 PM EDT
Wild stuff at the Saddledome tonight.
Apr 25, 2015, 9:59 PM EDT
Vancouver looking to avoid elimination for the second straight game.
Apr 25, 2015, 9:55 PM EDT
Zero goals in five playoff games.
Apr 25, 2015, 9:18 PM EDT
A healthy tally.
Apr 25, 2015, 8:50 PM EDT
Putting on a clinic.
Apr 25, 2015, 8:41 PM EDT
Corey Crawford’s back in.
Apr 25, 2015, 7:37 PM EDT
The Islanders won 3-1 in Game 6.
Apr 25, 2015, 6:59 PM EDT
No penalty on the play.
Apr 25, 2015, 6:10 PM EDT
He made his postseason debut in Game 4.
Apr 25, 2015, 6:03 PM EDT
Plenty of life on Long Island.
Apr 25, 2015, 5:48 PM EDT
Apr 25, 2015, 5:20 PM EDT
Keep this bounce in mind in the third period.
Apr 25, 2015, 4:58 PM EDT
He’s been ruled out of the series due to a rib injury.
Apr 25, 2015, 4:25 PM EDT
Carlson has his first of the playoffs.
Apr 25, 2015, 4:15 PM EDT
Kudos to the Cambria County War Memorial Arena in Johnstown, Pennsylvania and the Decatur Civic Center in Decatur, Illinois.
Apr 25, 2015, 3:45 PM EDT
He’ll backup for a fourth straight game.
Apr 25, 2015, 2:55 PM EDT
New York, Nashville and Vancouver are all facing elimination today.
Apr 25, 2015, 2:25 PM EDT
Both were in their first season with the hockey club.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)