Mar 20, 2013, 9:05 AM EST
Los Angeles Kings defenseman Drew Doughty has gotten very familiar with the Phoenix Coyotes.
The Kings beat them in the Western Conference Finals last year and the teams just played three games against each other in the span of a week.
All those matches seem to have given Doughty, 23, one major gripe against Phoenix.
“I think one is that they like to whine a lot,” Doughty told Mayor’s Manor. “At times they remind me of Vancouver with their complaining and stuff like that.”
As far as Doughty’s concerned, all teams complain, but he argues the Coyotes “seem to do it every night.”
“So that’s what frustrates you, and they play you hard, and they’re tough to play against,” Doughty said. “So that also is what bugs you.”
Winning has to be a good tonic for that, as is ending a prolonged scoring drought. Doughty netted his first goal of the season in the Kings 3-2 victory over Phoenix on Tuesday.
You can watch it below:
The Kings have now beaten the Coyotes in three of their four meetings so far this season. They will play each other again on April 2.
Los Angeles has risen to fourth in the Western Conference with a 17-10-2 record while the Coyotes have dropped four in a row and are in a three-way tie for eighth place.
But hey, it could be worse for the Coyotes. At least they finally scored a goal.
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 5
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 6
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 8
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 19
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 37
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8