Mar 20, 2013, 9:05 AM EDT
Los Angeles Kings defenseman Drew Doughty has gotten very familiar with the Phoenix Coyotes.
The Kings beat them in the Western Conference Finals last year and the teams just played three games against each other in the span of a week.
All those matches seem to have given Doughty, 23, one major gripe against Phoenix.
“I think one is that they like to whine a lot,” Doughty told Mayor’s Manor. “At times they remind me of Vancouver with their complaining and stuff like that.”
As far as Doughty’s concerned, all teams complain, but he argues the Coyotes “seem to do it every night.”
“So that’s what frustrates you, and they play you hard, and they’re tough to play against,” Doughty said. “So that also is what bugs you.”
Winning has to be a good tonic for that, as is ending a prolonged scoring drought. Doughty netted his first goal of the season in the Kings 3-2 victory over Phoenix on Tuesday.
You can watch it below:
The Kings have now beaten the Coyotes in three of their four meetings so far this season. They will play each other again on April 2.
Los Angeles has risen to fourth in the Western Conference with a 17-10-2 record while the Coyotes have dropped four in a row and are in a three-way tie for eighth place.
But hey, it could be worse for the Coyotes. At least they finally scored a goal.
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 0
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 9
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 33
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)