Mar 20, 2013, 9:05 AM EDT
Los Angeles Kings defenseman Drew Doughty has gotten very familiar with the Phoenix Coyotes.
The Kings beat them in the Western Conference Finals last year and the teams just played three games against each other in the span of a week.
All those matches seem to have given Doughty, 23, one major gripe against Phoenix.
“I think one is that they like to whine a lot,” Doughty told Mayor’s Manor. “At times they remind me of Vancouver with their complaining and stuff like that.”
As far as Doughty’s concerned, all teams complain, but he argues the Coyotes “seem to do it every night.”
“So that’s what frustrates you, and they play you hard, and they’re tough to play against,” Doughty said. “So that also is what bugs you.”
Winning has to be a good tonic for that, as is ending a prolonged scoring drought. Doughty netted his first goal of the season in the Kings 3-2 victory over Phoenix on Tuesday.
You can watch it below:
The Kings have now beaten the Coyotes in three of their four meetings so far this season. They will play each other again on April 2.
Los Angeles has risen to fourth in the Western Conference with a 17-10-2 record while the Coyotes have dropped four in a row and are in a three-way tie for eighth place.
But hey, it could be worse for the Coyotes. At least they finally scored a goal.
- Comeau gets two games for boarding Smith 0
- Three things the Canucks haven’t done well under Torts 6
- Gillis won’t say if Tortorella’s lost Canucks room 23
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 5
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 30
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 18
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 61
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (73)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (61)