Mar 20, 2013, 5:12 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins have announced that defenseman Adam McQuaid will be out for up to a month with a shoulder injury.
“Adam sustained a shoulder strain and will return to Boston for further evaluation by the Bruins medical staff,” B’s GM Peter Chiarelli said in a statement. “It is anticipated that he may be out 3-4 weeks.”
McQuaid, 26, was hurt during Tuesday’s 3-1 loss to Winnipeg on this hit by Jets forward Eric Tangradi:
It was only McQuaid’s second shift of the game, and he appeared to be in serious discomfort before leaving the ice (and the game) for good.
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8