Mar 20, 2013, 5:12 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins have announced that defenseman Adam McQuaid will be out for up to a month with a shoulder injury.
“Adam sustained a shoulder strain and will return to Boston for further evaluation by the Bruins medical staff,” B’s GM Peter Chiarelli said in a statement. “It is anticipated that he may be out 3-4 weeks.”
McQuaid, 26, was hurt during Tuesday’s 3-1 loss to Winnipeg on this hit by Jets forward Eric Tangradi:
It was only McQuaid’s second shift of the game, and he appeared to be in serious discomfort before leaving the ice (and the game) for good.
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally with at MSG 10
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 22
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 22
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 22
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 47
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 135
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51