Mar 20, 2013, 5:12 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins have announced that defenseman Adam McQuaid will be out for up to a month with a shoulder injury.
“Adam sustained a shoulder strain and will return to Boston for further evaluation by the Bruins medical staff,” B’s GM Peter Chiarelli said in a statement. “It is anticipated that he may be out 3-4 weeks.”
McQuaid, 26, was hurt during Tuesday’s 3-1 loss to Winnipeg on this hit by Jets forward Eric Tangradi:
It was only McQuaid’s second shift of the game, and he appeared to be in serious discomfort before leaving the ice (and the game) for good.
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 10
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 64
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 7
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 10
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 46
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- Playoffs Tonight: We’re tied going into Boston 9
- LIVE: Spurs can clinch title vs. Heat in Game 6
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'