Mar 20, 2013, 4:21 PM EDT
Brodeur, who’s been out with a back injury, last played on Feb. 21.
New Jersey has struggled in the 40-year-old’s absence, going 3-8-2 (and falling out of a playoff position) with inconsistent backup Johan Hedberg between the pipes.
The Devils are ninth in the Eastern Conference, tied in points with the sixth-place Hurricanes, seventh-place Leafs and eighth-place Rangers, each of whom have a game in hand on New Jersey.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (97)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (76)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)