Mar 20, 2013, 4:21 PM EDT
Brodeur, who’s been out with a back injury, last played on Feb. 21.
New Jersey has struggled in the 40-year-old’s absence, going 3-8-2 (and falling out of a playoff position) with inconsistent backup Johan Hedberg between the pipes.
The Devils are ninth in the Eastern Conference, tied in points with the sixth-place Hurricanes, seventh-place Leafs and eighth-place Rangers, each of whom have a game in hand on New Jersey.
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 0
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 13
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 11
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 20
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 42
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)