Mar 19, 2013, 8:39 PM EDT
It seemed like the perfect star to a career when Mike Ribeiro was drafted by his hometown team, the Montreal Canadiens.
Unfortunately, that didn’t shake out that well in reality, as he eventually had a falling out with the Habs. Montreal ended up sending him to Dallas, where he turned things around a bit with the Stars. That process only continued when that same team traded him to the Washington Capitals, where he’s surprisingly become the team’s leading scorer.
The video below takes a look at how he’s revitalized career. Mike Milbury and Keith Jones also consider an intriguing question: could he continue his best-ever run in yet another locale?This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5