Mar 19, 2013, 8:39 PM EDT
It seemed like the perfect star to a career when Mike Ribeiro was drafted by his hometown team, the Montreal Canadiens.
Unfortunately, that didn’t shake out that well in reality, as he eventually had a falling out with the Habs. Montreal ended up sending him to Dallas, where he turned things around a bit with the Stars. That process only continued when that same team traded him to the Washington Capitals, where he’s surprisingly become the team’s leading scorer.
The video below takes a look at how he’s revitalized career. Mike Milbury and Keith Jones also consider an intriguing question: could he continue his best-ever run in yet another locale?This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)