Mar 19, 2013, 9:20 PM EST
The team now has its pair of prolific power forwards wrapped up for the remainder of their primes. Of course, when you’re allotting almost $17 million of cap space to two players, it means you’ll need to make other sacrifices.
So are the Ducks justified in going in this direction or did they make a bad gamble? Mike Milbury and Keith Jones discuss the team’s plan in the video below.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 52
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 7
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 35
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 12