Mar 19, 2013, 9:07 PM EST
The Buffalo Sabres haven’t had many bright spots to consider in a miserable 2013 season, but Thomas Vanek‘s play has been one of them. For that reason, Buffalo must be holding its breath because the star winger needed to leave the ice during Monday’s game against the Montreal Canadiens, according to RDS’ Renaud Lavoie.
Vanek took a shot to his leg during a Sabres power play and appeared to have trouble putting weight on it, according to various observers.
It’s too early to tell how serious the ailment might be (or what it is specifically), but Vanek’s had some minor issues already this season. He missed three games early in March with an upper-body injury.
While he’s no longer atop the NHL’s scorers like he was to start the season, he’s still had a great year with 31 points in 26 games.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 33
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 86
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (86)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)