Mar 19, 2013, 9:07 PM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres haven’t had many bright spots to consider in a miserable 2013 season, but Thomas Vanek‘s play has been one of them. For that reason, Buffalo must be holding its breath because the star winger needed to leave the ice during Monday’s game against the Montreal Canadiens, according to RDS’ Renaud Lavoie.
Vanek took a shot to his leg during a Sabres power play and appeared to have trouble putting weight on it, according to various observers.
It’s too early to tell how serious the ailment might be (or what it is specifically), but Vanek’s had some minor issues already this season. He missed three games early in March with an upper-body injury.
While he’s no longer atop the NHL’s scorers like he was to start the season, he’s still had a great year with 31 points in 26 games.
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 19
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 19
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 14
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 23
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 37
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)