Mar 19, 2013, 9:07 PM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres haven’t had many bright spots to consider in a miserable 2013 season, but Thomas Vanek‘s play has been one of them. For that reason, Buffalo must be holding its breath because the star winger needed to leave the ice during Monday’s game against the Montreal Canadiens, according to RDS’ Renaud Lavoie.
Vanek took a shot to his leg during a Sabres power play and appeared to have trouble putting weight on it, according to various observers.
It’s too early to tell how serious the ailment might be (or what it is specifically), but Vanek’s had some minor issues already this season. He missed three games early in March with an upper-body injury.
While he’s no longer atop the NHL’s scorers like he was to start the season, he’s still had a great year with 31 points in 26 games.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32