Mar 19, 2013, 2:54 PM EDT
As the level of panic continues to rise in Vancouver, the stumbling Canucks will at least get power forward Zack Kassian back in the lineup tonight when they host the St. Louis Blues.
Kassian has missed the last two games, both losses, with a sore back.
Granted, how much he can help is questionable, given the 22-year-old hasn’t scored in 19 games — a slump that began after kicking off the season with five goals in seven games.
Luongo didn’t fare particularly well in those starts, surrendering 13 goals in total. The veteran’s save percentage has since fallen all the way to .904 — not exactly the best-case scenario for general manager Mike Gillis, who’s been trying to trade Luongo for help in other areas, such as a third-line center.
Gillis, along with head coach Alain Vigneault, have been facing more and more criticism as the two-time defending Presidents’ Trophy winners have faltered. After last night’s home loss to the Wild, Vancouver sits two points behind Minnesota in the race for top spot in the Northwest Division.
The Blues, meanwhile, have won three straight.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)