Mar 19, 2013, 2:54 PM EST
As the level of panic continues to rise in Vancouver, the stumbling Canucks will at least get power forward Zack Kassian back in the lineup tonight when they host the St. Louis Blues.
Kassian has missed the last two games, both losses, with a sore back.
Granted, how much he can help is questionable, given the 22-year-old hasn’t scored in 19 games — a slump that began after kicking off the season with five goals in seven games.
Luongo didn’t fare particularly well in those starts, surrendering 13 goals in total. The veteran’s save percentage has since fallen all the way to .904 — not exactly the best-case scenario for general manager Mike Gillis, who’s been trying to trade Luongo for help in other areas, such as a third-line center.
Gillis, along with head coach Alain Vigneault, have been facing more and more criticism as the two-time defending Presidents’ Trophy winners have faltered. After last night’s home loss to the Wild, Vancouver sits two points behind Minnesota in the race for top spot in the Northwest Division.
The Blues, meanwhile, have won three straight.
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 2
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 8
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 3
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 31
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 17
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 97
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 16
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 7
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (97)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (87)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)