Mar 19, 2013, 3:36 PM EDT
“We know there are some things he can do to improve and we are going to continue to work with the individual,” said coach Randy Carlyle, per the Toronto Sun.
Holzer, 25, has two goals and an assist in 22 games while averaging 18:30 of ice time. In his last five games, however, he’s minus-9.
The Leafs have not recalled anyone from the Marlies to replace Holzer. It’s possible defenseman Jake Gardiner could be “freed” after he plays tonight in Cleveland.
Update (3:46 p.m. ET): Gardiner has actually been called up, according to TSN’s Bob McKenzie.
Toronto, winless in five, hosts Tampa Bay tomorrow and plays in Buffalo Thursday.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (70)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)