Mar 19, 2013, 3:36 PM EDT
“We know there are some things he can do to improve and we are going to continue to work with the individual,” said coach Randy Carlyle, per the Toronto Sun.
Holzer, 25, has two goals and an assist in 22 games while averaging 18:30 of ice time. In his last five games, however, he’s minus-9.
The Leafs have not recalled anyone from the Marlies to replace Holzer. It’s possible defenseman Jake Gardiner could be “freed” after he plays tonight in Cleveland.
Update (3:46 p.m. ET): Gardiner has actually been called up, according to TSN’s Bob McKenzie.
Toronto, winless in five, hosts Tampa Bay tomorrow and plays in Buffalo Thursday.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)