Mar 19, 2013, 3:36 PM EDT
“We know there are some things he can do to improve and we are going to continue to work with the individual,” said coach Randy Carlyle, per the Toronto Sun.
Holzer, 25, has two goals and an assist in 22 games while averaging 18:30 of ice time. In his last five games, however, he’s minus-9.
The Leafs have not recalled anyone from the Marlies to replace Holzer. It’s possible defenseman Jake Gardiner could be “freed” after he plays tonight in Cleveland.
Update (3:46 p.m. ET): Gardiner has actually been called up, according to TSN’s Bob McKenzie.
Toronto, winless in five, hosts Tampa Bay tomorrow and plays in Buffalo Thursday.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)