Mar 19, 2013, 3:36 PM EDT
“We know there are some things he can do to improve and we are going to continue to work with the individual,” said coach Randy Carlyle, per the Toronto Sun.
Holzer, 25, has two goals and an assist in 22 games while averaging 18:30 of ice time. In his last five games, however, he’s minus-9.
The Leafs have not recalled anyone from the Marlies to replace Holzer. It’s possible defenseman Jake Gardiner could be “freed” after he plays tonight in Cleveland.
Update (3:46 p.m. ET): Gardiner has actually been called up, according to TSN’s Bob McKenzie.
Toronto, winless in five, hosts Tampa Bay tomorrow and plays in Buffalo Thursday.
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 0
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 4
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 17
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 7
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 22
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 64
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win 85
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 9
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 56
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 38
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (85)
- Watch LIVE: Pens-Sens, Game 5
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights