Mar 19, 2013, 3:36 PM EST
“We know there are some things he can do to improve and we are going to continue to work with the individual,” said coach Randy Carlyle, per the Toronto Sun.
Holzer, 25, has two goals and an assist in 22 games while averaging 18:30 of ice time. In his last five games, however, he’s minus-9.
The Leafs have not recalled anyone from the Marlies to replace Holzer. It’s possible defenseman Jake Gardiner could be “freed” after he plays tonight in Cleveland.
Update (3:46 p.m. ET): Gardiner has actually been called up, according to TSN’s Bob McKenzie.
Toronto, winless in five, hosts Tampa Bay tomorrow and plays in Buffalo Thursday.
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 2
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 18
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 6
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 14
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 16
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 8
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27