Mar 19, 2013, 9:31 PM EDT
While Buffalo Sabres star Thomas Vanek headlines the injury list so far on Tuesday, there were plenty of other players whose bumps and bruises are leaving their teams concerned. Here’s a quick rundown:
- Some good news/bad news for the Carolina Hurricanes, via the Raleigh News & Observer’s Chip Alexander: defenseman Justin Faulk (lower-body injury) won’t return tonight but Tim Gleason dodged a bullet by only needing stitches.
- The Boston Bruins announced that blueliner Adam McQuaid‘s night is over after suffering an upper-body problem.
- In longer-term concerns, Columbus Blue Jackets first-rounder Ryan Murray (aka the guy the New York Islanders offered their entire draft for) is seeing improvements in his rehab from a shoulder injury, according to the Columbus Dispatch’s Aaron Portzline. He’s hoping to participate in this summer’s development camp.
- New Jersey Devils forward Alexei Ponikarovsky is currently out of action with a mysterious issue, according to the Bergen Record’s Tom Gulitti.
- Yet another Ottawa Senators player went down with an injury, as Sportsnet’s Ian Mendes reports that Marc Methot won’t return after suffering a lower-body ailment.
Mendes also points out this heartening stat that shows more evidences of the Senators’ resilience:
Here’s a crazy stat: In 14 GP with Karlsson, the Sens defensemen produced 27 points. In the last 14 GP without him, they’ve produced 31.
— Ian Mendes (@ian_mendes) March 20, 2013
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 6
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (59)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)