Mar 19, 2013, 9:31 PM EDT
While Buffalo Sabres star Thomas Vanek headlines the injury list so far on Tuesday, there were plenty of other players whose bumps and bruises are leaving their teams concerned. Here’s a quick rundown:
- Some good news/bad news for the Carolina Hurricanes, via the Raleigh News & Observer’s Chip Alexander: defenseman Justin Faulk (lower-body injury) won’t return tonight but Tim Gleason dodged a bullet by only needing stitches.
- The Boston Bruins announced that blueliner Adam McQuaid‘s night is over after suffering an upper-body problem.
- In longer-term concerns, Columbus Blue Jackets first-rounder Ryan Murray (aka the guy the New York Islanders offered their entire draft for) is seeing improvements in his rehab from a shoulder injury, according to the Columbus Dispatch’s Aaron Portzline. He’s hoping to participate in this summer’s development camp.
- New Jersey Devils forward Alexei Ponikarovsky is currently out of action with a mysterious issue, according to the Bergen Record’s Tom Gulitti.
- Yet another Ottawa Senators player went down with an injury, as Sportsnet’s Ian Mendes reports that Marc Methot won’t return after suffering a lower-body ailment.
Mendes also points out this heartening stat that shows more evidences of the Senators’ resilience:
Here’s a crazy stat: In 14 GP with Karlsson, the Sens defensemen produced 27 points. In the last 14 GP without him, they’ve produced 31.
— Ian Mendes (@ian_mendes) March 20, 2013
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 8
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 21
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40