Mar 19, 2013, 9:31 PM EST
While Buffalo Sabres star Thomas Vanek headlines the injury list so far on Tuesday, there were plenty of other players whose bumps and bruises are leaving their teams concerned. Here’s a quick rundown:
- Some good news/bad news for the Carolina Hurricanes, via the Raleigh News & Observer’s Chip Alexander: defenseman Justin Faulk (lower-body injury) won’t return tonight but Tim Gleason dodged a bullet by only needing stitches.
- The Boston Bruins announced that blueliner Adam McQuaid‘s night is over after suffering an upper-body problem.
- In longer-term concerns, Columbus Blue Jackets first-rounder Ryan Murray (aka the guy the New York Islanders offered their entire draft for) is seeing improvements in his rehab from a shoulder injury, according to the Columbus Dispatch’s Aaron Portzline. He’s hoping to participate in this summer’s development camp.
- New Jersey Devils forward Alexei Ponikarovsky is currently out of action with a mysterious issue, according to the Bergen Record’s Tom Gulitti.
- Yet another Ottawa Senators player went down with an injury, as Sportsnet’s Ian Mendes reports that Marc Methot won’t return after suffering a lower-body ailment.
Mendes also points out this heartening stat that shows more evidences of the Senators’ resilience:
Here’s a crazy stat: In 14 GP with Karlsson, the Sens defensemen produced 27 points. In the last 14 GP without him, they’ve produced 31.
— Ian Mendes (@ian_mendes) March 20, 2013
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 80
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 96
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 6
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 179
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (179)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (96)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (89)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (87)