Mar 19, 2013, 11:55 AM EDT
In an interview posted on the Sabres’ website, Miller explained that his remarks were made after he misunderstood what Kaleta had said about wanting to get back into the Buffalo lineup following a five-game suspension.
“What I was told he said and what he actually said were two different things,” said Miller.
“What he actually said sounded more like a player who just wants to come back and play as soon as possible. He’s frustrated he can’t be, which is completely what you’d expect.”
Miller added: “I think everyone in Buffalo knows I’m prone to say stupid things that come up over the course of the season.”
The frustration of everyone involved is understandable given the Sabres’ 10-15-4 record, which has them eight points back of a playoff spot in the Eastern Conference.
Buffalo plays in Montreal tonight.
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 57
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 21
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 23
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming