Mar 19, 2013, 11:55 AM EST
In an interview posted on the Sabres’ website, Miller explained that his remarks were made after he misunderstood what Kaleta had said about wanting to get back into the Buffalo lineup following a five-game suspension.
“What I was told he said and what he actually said were two different things,” said Miller.
“What he actually said sounded more like a player who just wants to come back and play as soon as possible. He’s frustrated he can’t be, which is completely what you’d expect.”
Miller added: “I think everyone in Buffalo knows I’m prone to say stupid things that come up over the course of the season.”
The frustration of everyone involved is understandable given the Sabres’ 10-15-4 record, which has them eight points back of a playoff spot in the Eastern Conference.
Buffalo plays in Montreal tonight.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 45
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 122
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)