Mar 19, 2013, 11:55 AM EDT
In an interview posted on the Sabres’ website, Miller explained that his remarks were made after he misunderstood what Kaleta had said about wanting to get back into the Buffalo lineup following a five-game suspension.
“What I was told he said and what he actually said were two different things,” said Miller.
“What he actually said sounded more like a player who just wants to come back and play as soon as possible. He’s frustrated he can’t be, which is completely what you’d expect.”
Miller added: “I think everyone in Buffalo knows I’m prone to say stupid things that come up over the course of the season.”
The frustration of everyone involved is understandable given the Sabres’ 10-15-4 record, which has them eight points back of a playoff spot in the Eastern Conference.
Buffalo plays in Montreal tonight.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)