Mar 19, 2013, 10:44 PM EDT
The Phoenix Coyotes are approaching panic territory after being shut out for three consecutive games, so they hope that the return of key forward Radim Vrbata can give them a boost.
The 31-year-old has quietly found a home as a crucial scorer for the Coyotes. He has scored 20 goals or more in three of his four seasons with Phoenix, including his career year in 2011-12 (35 goals, 62 points).
Considering the way things have been going, the Coyotes probably hope that he isn’t too rusty after being out of action since Feb. 16.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 0
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 23
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15