Mar 19, 2013, 11:56 PM EST
Experienced hockey fans probably have mixed emotions when they see high-quality players get in fights. While it’s refreshing to see people other than “goons” drop the gloves, there’s that added tension that comes with the potential for injury.
Vancouver Canucks fans were on the wrong end of that equation on Tuesday night. Zack Kassian aggravated a back injury during tonight’s game against the St. Louis Blues and won’t return.
That fight had its goofy moments, but it won’t be much of a laughing matter if the Canucks lose another important player to injury. Especially since this one may very well have been avoided.
Still, the Getty Images photo of the fight is pretty outstanding:
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 73
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (146)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)