Mar 19, 2013, 11:56 PM EDT
Experienced hockey fans probably have mixed emotions when they see high-quality players get in fights. While it’s refreshing to see people other than “goons” drop the gloves, there’s that added tension that comes with the potential for injury.
Vancouver Canucks fans were on the wrong end of that equation on Tuesday night. Zack Kassian aggravated a back injury during tonight’s game against the St. Louis Blues and won’t return.
That fight had its goofy moments, but it won’t be much of a laughing matter if the Canucks lose another important player to injury. Especially since this one may very well have been avoided.
Still, the Getty Images photo of the fight is pretty outstanding:
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 1
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 5
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 9
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 1
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)