Mar 19, 2013, 11:56 PM EDT
Experienced hockey fans probably have mixed emotions when they see high-quality players get in fights. While it’s refreshing to see people other than “goons” drop the gloves, there’s that added tension that comes with the potential for injury.
Vancouver Canucks fans were on the wrong end of that equation on Tuesday night. Zack Kassian aggravated a back injury during tonight’s game against the St. Louis Blues and won’t return.
That fight had its goofy moments, but it won’t be much of a laughing matter if the Canucks lose another important player to injury. Especially since this one may very well have been avoided.
Still, the Getty Images photo of the fight is pretty outstanding:
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 9
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 2
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 44
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 36
- Playoffs Tonight: We’re tied going into Boston 9
- Writer: NHL playoffs are ‘annoying’ 77
- Blackhawks look to end current Game 3 curse 4
- Bruins’ leaders deliver Stanley Cup Final speech 14
- Report: NHL has Seattle plan ready for Coyotes 64
- Bruins stymie Blackhawks, take Game 3
- Survival and heartbreak at US Open
- Protesters back in streets of Brazilian cities
- Radio hosts fired for mocking ex-NFL player with ALS
- Posnanski: More Open heartbreak for Mickelson
- PHT: Bruins go 'above and beyond' in Gm. 3
- PHT: Hossa day to day with upper-body injury