Mar 19, 2013, 11:56 PM EDT
Experienced hockey fans probably have mixed emotions when they see high-quality players get in fights. While it’s refreshing to see people other than “goons” drop the gloves, there’s that added tension that comes with the potential for injury.
Vancouver Canucks fans were on the wrong end of that equation on Tuesday night. Zack Kassian aggravated a back injury during tonight’s game against the St. Louis Blues and won’t return.
That fight had its goofy moments, but it won’t be much of a laughing matter if the Canucks lose another important player to injury. Especially since this one may very well have been avoided.
Still, the Getty Images photo of the fight is pretty outstanding:
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 69
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)