Mar 19, 2013, 11:22 AM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens had a welcome sight at practice on Tuesday as forward Rene Bourque skated with teammates for the first time since Feb. 21.
Bourque, 31, has been out of the lineup since a 4-3 OT loss to the Islanders almost a month ago. He missed two games with what was thought to have been the flu but, after further testing, was diagnosed with a concussion.
Bourque had 5G-5A-10PTS through the first 17 games while averaging 17:36 time on ice per contest.
It remains unclear what his timetable is for returning to game action.
Tuesday was a significant step — it was his first time skating with teammates rather than by himself — but he was wearing a non-contact jersey during practice and still requires medical clearance.
Montreal plays tonight at home against Buffalo before going to New York to face the Isles on Thursday.
Then it’s back home for a rematch with the Sabres on Saturday, followed by a big three-game stretch against the Penguins, Bruins and Rangers.
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 0
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 17
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 25
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 19
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 19
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 9
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 31
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)